Chapter 24

"Letta..?" Alexander whispered as he tried to find the runaway bride. He sighed with relief as he found her on a stone bench praying silently.

Letta realized she was not alone and quickly ended her prayer. Alexander offered her his arm.

Letta gave a sad smile as she took it. Neither one of them spoke until they reached the ceremony. Letta took a deep breath as Alexander released her arm and stepped back. She heaved as she pushed open the massive doors to the private court yard. She held her head high the best she could as she walked in. Claudia, Cecile and Pearl followed. Aaron's face was blank as she walked to him. He offered the top of his hand and Letta placed her palm on top of it. They both turned to the statesman as he performed the ceremony. The small crowd cheered as the couple turn to them as man and wife. Aaron gently squeezed  Letta's hand. She looked to him and nervously smiled as he winked at her. To her surprise the crowd was ushered into the banquet hall. All that remained was Claudia, Michael and Alexander. Letta turned as she noticed a Christian priest stepped from the corner. Letta turned to Aaron with a puzzled look. The priest smiled as he performed a Christian sermon for the couple. Letta was in tears by the time it was over.

*****************
The couple was surrounded by a lavish party. Aaron was slightly worried that his bride hardly spoken a word since the ceremony. Aaron leaned in and whispered, "Are you alright?"

Letta smiled a genuine smile, "How did you know..?"

"Know what?"

"That I am a Christian?" Letta's smile remained as she searched his eyes.

"I know a lot about you Letta." He smirked as he plopped a grape into his mouth.

Letta cut her eyes to his full lips as he chewed them back to his eyes, "And yet I hardly know anything about you."

Aaron kissed her knuckles, "Just know your husband is a good man."

"So I've heard." Letta turned her gaze back to the crowd.

"What else have you heard?"

Letta could feel his eyes bearing down on her, "I know you've had mistress's, that you killed a man with your bare hands in battle. And you nearly beat a man to death after he insulted you."

Aaron's face was blank, "Only half of the truths."

Letta sighed deeply as she kept her gaze forward, "I would like to go to my room now."

Aaron's face was still blank and emotionless, "Our room, meaning my room."

Letta turned her worried expression to him then towards to the crowd. Her eyes were in a daze as she was planning how to stall him.

"I know what your doing little rabbit, you will not out smart me." Aaron had gently grasped her arm and eased her up from her spot on the floor.

Claudia could see distress on Letta's face and tried to rescue her, "Here brother, I can tend to her."

Aaron jerked Letta from her grasp , making Letta squeak in the process.

He shot a cold look to his sister, she quietly thought to herself, "Like a dog with a fresh piece of meat."

Aaron turned to the crowd and made a bow as Letta curtsied.

Aaron's grasp moved from Letta's arm to her hand and lead her to his bed chamber. In Letta's mind, she was panicking. Aaron shut the door and locked it.

Letta looked about his room, he had a massive fire place, a private balcony, and dining area. Aaron stood quietly as he studied her curiosity. He was amused at her innocence, she strolled around as she held her hands behind her, as though she was afraid to touch anything.