Chapter 2

I walked downstairs in hopes to have a short walk in the woods around the hotel before I had to go to bed. My heart was pounding still after meeting Dracula yesterday. His smile, his eyes were still locked into my brain. I sucked in a deep breath and continued to make a beeline for the door when I bumped into Mavis's back. I gasped softly as she turned around to look at me.

"Oh I'm so sorry! Are you alright?" I quickly, apologized in embarrassment.

Mavis only laughed softly and shook her head at me.

"Oh, it's okay. I was just taking Dennis out for a short walk while his dad and his grandpa talk," she explained.

Dennis was watching us from his mothers arms. He was only four years old. His hair was big and puffy. Which suited him. He grew shy at the sight of me.

"I'm heading out myself. What if I take him out for you and you can have time to yourself?" I offered.

Mavis thought the offer over before Dennis grins at the offer. He quickly wanted me to take as his squirmed in his mother's arms. Mavis smiles.

"Oh, Alright. Thanks," Mavis muttered, uneasily.

"Anytime," I replied, happily.

Mavis handed Dennis over to me and I took him. I started for the doors and went down the steps. Dennis cuddles against my skin as we walked into the woods. I could smell the human blood pumping in his veins which I found odd but then it clicked. I had noticed humans at the hotel so his father must be a human as well. We wondered deeper into the woods before I found a nice place to sit and play with Dennis before I had to take him back to the hotel so he can get some sleep.

"What would you like to play?" I asked.

Dennis looked up at me and smiles. He thought a moment.

"I don't know..." he replied.

"Why don't we play a quick game of hide and seek tag before we head back?" I offered.

"Sure, how do you play?" He asked.

"Well first. We need someone to be it, then the other person hides. Once found by the person who is it they have to run before they are tag which means they would be it for the next round." I explained.

Dennis nods and smiles.

"Okay! I'll hide!"he declared.

I laughed and smiled more.

"I'll be it. I'll count to 10. Ready?"

He nods then waited for me. I covered my eyes and started counting.

"10!... 9... 8... 7....6...5...4321!"

I uncovered my eyes and Dennis was gone. I another smirk formed on my lips before I went off in search of Dennis. I found him hiding behind a tree I wanted to drag the game out a little longer for him so I continued to search for 2 more minutes before I went back to hiding spot. He squeaked in surprise before he started running away from me. I smiled and slowly chased after him. I scooped him up into my arms and we both burst out into a fit of laughter. I took him back to the hotel as he started to grow tired. His mother was waiting for us in the almost empty lobby. Her father, Dracula, stood beside her. His eyes wondered to me. His eyes looked me over and a bright blush started to form on my cheeks. Dennis was rubbing his eyes as I handed him over to Mavis. She turned and started to take him upstairs until she noticed her father wasn't walking with her like he would usually do. Dracula smiles at me and I smiled back.

"Hello Ally," He greets.

"Hello, Dracula. How was your night?" I replied.

"Alright. How was yours?" He asked.

"Mine was swell. Thank you. I'm off to my room.." I muttered, shyly.

"I'll escort you."

"Thank you?"

Dracula smiles. We both headed to the stairs. I was nervous and shy but Dracula was more shy and a nervous wreck. We broke the ice by asking each other a few questions to get to know each other better. We went to the third floor where my room was located. We stopped at my door. I turned to face Dracula. I smiled and thanked him for the company. I slipped into my room and closed the door softly behind me. I melted into it once it was shut. My heart was beating like a jack hammer. I shook my head and quickly raced around the room getting myself ready for bed. I closed the balcony doors to keep the sun light out. It doesn't have any effect on me since I'm part werewolf. I just wanted to sleep longer. I crawled into bed and rolled onto my right side covering up with the black blanket. I rested my head on the red and black pillows. I stared blankly at the wall as my thoughts drifted to Dracula. A dark pink blush formed on my cheeks. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.