Chapter 14

Once we were both back at the hotel Dracula was calmly talking to a couple guests. Once he spotted us he came rushing over relieved. He planted a kiss on my cheek and spoke softly to Dennis. I set Dennis down. He went to find his mom, dad and Tinkles. I turned to Dracula.

"Having fun yet?" I asked, cheekily.

"No," Dracula groaned, tiredly. "But it is worth it."

I smiled and planted a kiss on cheek as my arms wrapped around his waist. His arms wrapped around me.

"Aw, my poor vampy," I said, in a teasing tone.

Dracula laughed and rested his forehead against mine. A soft smile spread across his lips. It felt like the whole world stopped around us as we held each other. My heart was beating like I had ran a million miles. He pulled him closer to him. We didn't noticed that Mavis standing behind Dracula until she cleared her throat. We pulled apart.

"Am I interrupted something?" She asked, clearly disgusted.

"No," Dracula and I replied, shyly.

"Do you need something coffin cake?" Dracula asked.

"Actually yes," Mavis says, looking at him.

Dracula looks at me but walks over to Mavis. They walked away talking. I didn't want to listen in so I left the lobby. I bumped into Dracula's father, Vlad.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I gasped

He only laughed and smiled at me.

"No, no. It is my apologies. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going," Vlad replies.

We started talking and teasing each other. He offered to talk me out to dinner since Dracula was running late for our dinner date. I agreed. He held his arm out to me. I took it and together we left the hotel. We went out for a quiet meal and had animal blood smoothies since I don't drink human blood. We were sitting together on a bench. Vlad telling me cute, funny stories of when Dracula was just knee high to a grasshopper.

"No!" I gasped, giggling.

"Yup," Vlad says, laughing.

Dracula shortly showed up. He looked between me and his dad.

"There you are!" I said, smiling. "Your dad was just keeping me company."

"You have a lovely zing here son. Don't lose her," Vlad said, panting my hand and giving me a kind smile.

Dracula's face reddened and a soft giggle escaped my lips.

"I'll leave you two alone now," Vlad says, standing.

We watched him go. Dracula sinks down beside me where his dad once was. He placed his arm around my shoulders. I leaned into his side and rested my head on his shoulder. I offered him some of my smoothie. At first he refused but the second time he accepted. We watched the moon for a couple more minutes. The smoothie gone and the warm sea air smelt lovely with the beautiful scenery.

"We should head back," Dracula says.

I only nodded in agreement. We stand and started back to the hotel. I glance towards the sky. No clouds. Dracula walked me to my room. We shared a quick kiss and said goodnight to each other. I slipped into my room and closed the door softly behind me. I leaned against it. My chest aching. I walked towards my balcony doors. I pushed them open and stepped outside. The cool air touched my skin causing goosebumps to form. I moved closer to the balcony railing. The wind calmly blew my hair around me as it came loose from the fishtail braid. My hands held the railing. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"If I could grant you one wish
I'd wish you could see the way you kiss
Ooh, I love watching you baby
When you're driving me crazy," I sang. "Ooh, I love the way you
Love the way you love me
There's nowhere else I'd rather be
Ooo, to feel the way I feel with your arms around me
I only wish that you could see the way you love me
Woh woh woh woh the way you love me
It's not right
It's not fair
What you're missing over there
Someday I'll find a way to show you
Just how lucky I am to know you
Ooh, I love the way you
Love the way you love me
There's nowhere else I'd rather be
Ooo, to feel the way I feel with your arms around me
I only wish that you could see the way you love me
Woh woh woh woh the way you love me."

I hadn't noticed the crowd below my balcony. Some of the humans were even recording on their cellphones. I also didn't see Mavis or Dennis as they sat across from me as I sang. Dennis leaned into his mother. Her wing wrapped around him as they watched.

"You're the million reasons why
There's love reflecting in my eyes
Ooh, I love the way you
Love the way you love me
There's nowhere else I'd rather be
Ooo, to feel the way I feel with your arms around me
I only wish that you could see the way you love me
Woh woh woh woh the way you love me
Ooh, the way you love me
The way you love me
Oh yeah
The way you love me
Woh woh woh woh the way you love me
Woh woh woh woh the way you love me," I sang.

I opened my eyes and smiled softly. Dracula had shortly showed up half way through the little moment. His eyes sparkled. When the song ended he couldn't help but land behind her. He returned to his vampire form and wrapped his arms around her. She turned in his arms and looked up at him.

"I love you," He whispered.

"I love you too," she whispered.

They shared a sweet kiss and the crowd below screamed and cheered.