Chapter 3

I woke early after the sun has set behind the trees and the horizon. I stretched and yawned into my hand as I slowly came to life. I rolled out of bed and fixed it up before I went to the bathroom to shower, brush my teeth and clean myself up.

I walked out of the bathroom and went out onto the balcony

I walked out of the bathroom and went out onto the balcony. I shifted into my bat form and flew around to stretch my wings. I flew down to the hotel doors and flew over the humans heads as I entered the lobby. I changed into my human form midair and squeaked when someone caught me in their arms. I wrapped my arms around the person's neck. I looked up at the person. It was... Dracula. He smiles as he held me in his arms. A bright blush formed on my cheeks and my heart began to pick up its pace. He chuckled softly and set me down. I coughed awkwardly into my balled fist  and smiled.

"Thanks" I muttered.

"It was nothing,my dear," Dracula replied.

The blush on my cheeks darkened more. Dennis ran up to us. He held onto his grandpa's leg. Dracula smiles and looked at him. Dracula picked him up into his arms.

"Hello Dennis. How was your day?" I asked.

Dennis shrugs and smiles. He pulled out a white envelope with big black bold letters saying 'Birthday.' Dennis held it out to me as Dracula watched quietly. I took the envelope and smiled.

"Your birthday invitation?" I asked, softly.

"Yup," Dennis replied, happily.

"Thank you Dennis. I'll be there" I stated, smiling.

Dennis grinned and jumped down from his grandpa's arms to run over to his mom telling her what he did. Mavis was surprised and a little jealous that her father wasn't paying much attention to her anymore. Dracula looked at me and smiled.

"I guess I'll see you at the party," Dracula says, softly.

"I think you will. I'll have to find him a gift," I replied.

"Just don't hurt yourself before then," Dracula warned, jokingly.

I giggled and playfully rolled my eyes at him.

"No promises. I'll see you around the hotel," I replied.

I waved bye as I raced back upstairs to my room to think of a gift for Dennis. I hummed tonelessly in thought when an idea popped into my mind. I turned swiftly and my smile grew. I walked over to my dresser and bite my bottom lip. I opened a small black box and inside was a beautiful vampire amulet.

I smiled at the amulet since I had gotten it from my grandfather and now I was going to give it to Dennis as a birthday gift and some day he'll give it to his child

I smiled at the amulet since I had gotten it from my grandfather and now I was going to give it to Dennis as a birthday gift and some day he'll give it to his child. I placed it back into the box gently and hide the gift away. I placed the birthday invitation on my night stand and smiled at it. I turned and went back downstairs to get something to eat since my stomach was growling up a storm.