Chapter 4

The next day:

A few more days until little Dennis's birthday party. I dressed into something new today. I spun around to look at the new dress in the full length mirror in my bathroom. I bite my bottom lip and decided to change but then I changed my mind again for the dozens time that morning. I sighed heavily and decided to wear it instead of dirtying more clothes. I walked over to the bathroom sink. I grabbed my dark blue tooth brush and fancy toothpaste. I brushed my teeth and rinsed with water. I flashed a toothy white smile into the mirror above the sink and spun on my heel. I left the bathroom and went out into the hall. Dracula stopped on his way up to visit his daughter and his eyes wondered over my body. I started to feel a little insecure and embarrassed almost feeling like a was naked under his gaze. I shifted my weight from one leg to another uneasily.

"Don't you look stunning," Dracula said.

I could feel my cheeks heating up and I nearly fainted at his comment.

"Thank you," I muttered, shyly.

"I um.. wanted to go for a flight but my daughter is busy with her son so.. would you like to join me?" Dracula blabbed.

I giggled softly at the way he was acting and smiled warmly.

"I would love to go with you. When will you be going out?"I asked, curiously.

"Probably around 11pm. Does that sound alright to you," Dracula replies, softly.

"That sounds perfectly fine by me," I said, happily.

Dracula smiles and wondered off to see his daughter along with his grandson. I giggled and bite my bottom lip watching him go before I turned to head off to get myself some blood.

Dracula's Pov:

I walked into Dennis's room. Dennis looked at me with a confused expression.

"Grandpa! Why are you so happy?" Dennis asked.

"Because I asked a lovely woman out on a flying date tonight," I explained.

"Was it that lovely woman.. what was her name.. Olive or something?" Mavis asked, sarcastically from Dennis's bedroom.

"It is Ally and yes, her. We are going out when your in bed," I said, poking Dennis's nose lightly.

"Is she going to be my grandma?" Dennis asked, excited.

I hadn't noticed that Mavis had froze from setting Dennis's pajamas out on his bed in the other room. I blushed at the thought and nodded slowly.

"Yes Dennis. I hope she will be," I replied.

"I hope so too Grandpa! She really likes you,"Dennis replied.

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

Dennis shrugs and smiles softly. Mavis called him from his bedroom. He got up from playing with his toys and ran into the bedroom. I wondered over to the window and closed the dark curtains to make sure it helps Dennis sleep. I turned and followed Mavis out of Dennis's bedroom. Mavis turned to look at me after she shut his bedroom door.

"What's wrong?" I asked, softly.

Mavis's lip starts to quiver a little.

"I thought mom was your zing dad.." Mavis muttered.

"Sometimes things happen in mysterious ways.. We don't understand why but they do. I still love your mother, Mavis. She holds a special place in my heart but it's time for me to get back out there and find my happiness too," I stated. "I've been lonely without a partner.. after what happened to your mother.."

"Dad.." Mavis muttered, softly.

I raised my hand to stop her from talking anymore.

"Honey, please. This is my happiness and Ally is the only woman for me now. You have your zing and I have mine. No one is going to replace your mother. At least give her a chance..." I begged.

Mavis sucked in a breath.

"Alright. Alright." Mavis muttered, forcing a smile.

I smiled and kissed her cheek before disappearing out of the room to prepare the evenings events before I went out onto my fly date.

A/n: I am sorry this chapter is short but I have a headache and it's really late where I am. I promise to update tomorrow. Love you all! Bye!!