Chapter 28

We all waved farewell to Dracula as he left to meet with the vampire council. I held Shy as she cooed in content. I turned and took Shy back to the bedroom. After getting her fed, changed and back to sleep a knock came to the door. I got up from rocking Shy's bassinet gentle. I moved swiftly to the door and opened the door. A tall woman with a staff stood before me as well as her chicken.

"H-hello?" I answered, unsure of the woman.

"Hello darling. I'm Lydia," She introduced. "Dracula's sister. He asked me to help you run the hotel."

"Oh, well hello Lydia. Nice to finally meet you," I replied, smiling softly at her.

"Please come in. Dracula prepared the extra room for you before he left," I explained.

Lydia nods. She snaps her fingers. Her bags followed after her as she walked in. She went straight towards the second bedroom. I closed the door softly behind them. I quickly went to check on Shy. She was still sleeping. I left the room and went to Lydia who was standing in the middle of the room.

"You should rest child. You had given birth so you must be exhausted. Do not worry I will handle everything," Lydia stated, smiling softly.

I opened and closed my mouth. I nodded at the woman.

"Maybe I should take a short nap.." I admitted. "Wake me if you need help."

Lydia waved her hand at me and smiles. I turned and went into the bedroom. I closed the door softly behind me. I walked over to the bed and flopped down onto it. A yawn escaped my lips. I laid cross the bed and just fell asleep as soon as my head hit the mattress.

After a couple hours I woke with a yawn. Shy was crying in her bassinet. I rose from the bed and moved swiftly over to her. I changed her diaper and carefully picked her up into my arms. Vlad flies in through the window. He walks towards me.

"How is my granddaughter?" He questions, in a happy tone.

"Aren't you surprised it wasn't a boy?" I questioned, handing Shy over to her grandfather.

"Sometimes it happens. My mother thought I was going to be a girl but she was mistaken. As was I," He explained.

I laughed softly.

"My mother mistaken me as boy by the way she had carried me in the womb. Everyone thought so," I replied. "Oh! I forgot to warn Lydia that there was humans in the hotel..."

"WHAT! Lydia is here?!" Vlad questions, panicked.

"Yes! She arrived some time ago. Dracula wanted her to run the hotel while he was away so I could rest," I explained. "Vlad what is the matter?"

He placed Shy back into my arms and rushes quickly out the door. My brows fused together in confusion. What in the highlands has gotten into him? I shook my head and rocked Shy as she slowly fell back to sleep in my arms. I gently laid her down again and grabbed a baby monitor that Mavis used for Dennis before going to find Vlad. I bumped into Mavis in the hall.

"Mavis! What is going on?" I questioned, my brows fused together in confusion.

"Grandpa is taking all the humans into town," she whispered. "Aunt Lydia doesn't like humans."

"Doesn't she know about the hotel guests being human? Or your husband?" I questioned, in disbelief.

Mavis shakes her head no. I press my lips into a thin line. Mavis rushes down the hall. I turned sharply and nearly bumped into Lydia. I gasped in surprise. I placed a hand over my heart.

"What are you doing? I thought you were resting in your room," Lydia says, eyeing me over.

"I just went to get a drink," I replied, sheepishly. "I also nearly forgot to get the zombies to clean out the pool... A monster had made a 'mess' in there."

Lydia waved her hand at me.

"I've already had that taken care of and there is blood bags in the fridge in the apartment," she advised.

I nod slowly. She gently takes my shoulders and turns me around back towards the door.

"Go," she whispered. "I got the hotel covered."

I gave her another soft smile as I returned to the apartment. I softly closed the door behind me before placing the baby monitor on the coffee table. I sat down onto the couch and chewed on my bottom lip. I huffed and tapped my fingers on the back of the couch as I stared out the window. Why didn't you tell me your sister was coming and that she didn't like humans! Just had to leave with a surprise didn't you? I will kick your butt when you get back! A soft smile danced on my lips at the thought. I hope Vlad got the humans out before Lydia discovered them...