Chapter 16

I returned to my hotel room and packed my clothes back into my travel bags. I started to move around the room with speed as I packed. When everything was packed up I sucked in a deep breath becoming nervous. I finished packing and sat down on the bed. I placed with my engagement ring. One step at a time.. I thought biting my bottom lip. The door opened and I looked up. Dracula looked around the room before his eyes landed on me.

"I'm ready" I whispered.

Dracula nods. He walks over and takes my hands in his.

"Are you sure you want me to live with you? It is a big step. Not like the whole engagement..." I said, unsure and shyly.

Dracula chuckled.

"Sooner than later.. come on."

He pulls me up and grabs my travel bag that I had came with. He placed his hand on my back and we left the room together. He lead me away to his chamber. It was a little dusty and dark. Dracula sets my bag down by the door as I looked around. I slightly pulled away from his touch and lit a few candles. I picked up the candles and turned to look at him. Dracula looked at me.

"Sorry I didn't have time to clean up," Dracula explained.

"You don't need to apologize," I replied. "You were busy. I can clean it up. Why don't you show me around?"

Dracula nods. He lead me around and showed me around his room. Not only his room but his late wife's. I could hear the pain in Dracula's voice as he told me about her. I placed my hand on his arm. He looked at me and gave me a soft painful smile.

"Why don't we have a little memorial for her before our wedding?" I offered.

"Are you sure?" Dracula asks. "You don't have to do that.."

"I want to. She was your first zing," I replied. "It would be right."

Dracula nods and looks up at the painting of them together. He turned to look at me.

"Alright," He Agreed.

Dracula takes my hand and together we leave. I already started to plan the whole thing out in my head. Once we returned to Dracula's chamber he was called away to deal with a problem.

"Go, I'll be fine," I said. "They need you."

Dracula looks down at me. He smiles softly and plants a kiss on my forehead.

"I'll be back as soon as I can" He replied.

"Take your time," I said, giggling softly.

Dracula chuckled but turned to follow the zombie down to the lobby. I closed the door softly behind them. I turned leaning against the door. I looked around the room. I sighed heavily and blew a piece of hair out of my eyes. Better get to work... I walked over to my bag and bent down. I unzipped it and started to dig around. I pulled out my hair elastic. I stood up and tied my hair into a messy bun. Where do I begin?

After some time:

The door swung up and Dracula walked in. I placed the broom against the wall and turned to him.

"Welcome back," I greeted, smiling.

Dracula froze as he looked around his chamber. It was clean and even roomy. He looked at me.

"I told you I could handle it," I replied.

Dracula chuckled and walked around the room.

"I haven't seen it this clean in years," Dracula says, astonished.

"I had a lot of time and energy," I explained, sheepishly. "I even cleaned the dark curtains. They were so dusty.."

Dracula laughed with embarrassment. He scratched the back of his neck.

"I did mean to clean them.." Dracula says.

"Yeah, probably a hundred years ago," I  replied, sarcastically.

Dracula laughed and smiled.

"Maybe," He replied, chuckling.

I wrapped my arms around his waist and nuzzled against his neck. His cool skin cooling my own. Dracula wrapped his arms around me and held me close. We stayed like that for a while before a yawn escaped my lips.

"I think it's time for bed," Dracula says, softly.

"Maybe," I replied, smirking.

Dracula gave my side a soft pinch and a giggle escaped my lips. We went towards the clean bedroom. Tonight Dracula wasn't going to be sleeping in a coffin.