Chapter 5

I walk into math with a sigh. This is one of the few classes that I don't have with Ariel. I do have this class with Rachel her best though.

I take a seat and soon Rachel plops down next to me as always. We don't usually talk much. We mainly just talk when we're both with Ariel. We get along it's just we never know what to talk about.

Soon the bell rings signaling for the class to start. Rachel takes her notebook and pencil out and pushes her hair behind her ear. "Have you hung out with Ariel lately?" I ask suddenly.

"Not really." She says scrunching her nose up.

"Me neither." I sigh trying to keep the conversation going.

"Really?" She ask shocked and turning her full attention to me.

"Yeah she's always with Alex now." I mutter.

"I know. I asked her to hang tonight but they're going to the movies." She sighs turning back towards the board.

"Really?" I ask intrigued. She just hums in response.

"Why don't we go?" I blurt out.

"Ethan if you're asking me on a date the-"

"Don't flatter yourself sweetheart. I just want to go see what's up with those two." I cut her off.

"Im not helping you spy on them!" She whisper yells.

"Why not? Don't you want to know what's going on? Ariel acts different now and I want to know why." I argue.

Her mouth opens to say something but it quickly snaps back shut as she begins to think about what I said. She knows I'm right. "Pick me up at 7. That's when they're going." She says quickly. I just nod with a grin.

Is it wrong for me to go and sit in on one of their dates?

***********

"So why are you so worried about Ariel again?" Rachel ask sitting back in the passengers seat.

"Because she's acting weird." I say simply. She knows I'm right. She can obviously see it.

"Is that really why?" She ask testing me. This is probably why we don't hang out without Ariel. The fact that she ask so many questions really hurts my god damn head.

"Yes." I say with annoyance.

"Or are you jealous of Alex?" She says turning her face towards me and off the road. I grip the wheel and go to tell her no but she cuts me off. "You are! You like Ariel!" She says loudly.

"Would you just shut up." I say turning to her and then back to the road.

"I knew it!" She continues even though I just told her to shut up. "I can see it in the way you look at her." She says the smile on her face getting bigger and my cheeks heating up. "I'm so down to help you take her away from Alex. He's a douche bag."

"Really?" I ask shocked. Does she really want her best friend to be with me.

"Yeah because if she was with you I know she wouldn't cry as much as she does now." She says playing with her fingers and looking out the window.

"Does she cry a lot?" I ask glancing at her. I know she can see the concern written all over my face and this makes her smile.

"She calls me sometimes about it but I know she cries more than she says." She says calmly.

"What does she cry about?" I ask furrowing my eyebrows with genuine concern.

"The things Alex says to her." Rachel says with a sigh.

"What does he say?" I continue to ask.

"Listen. It's none of my business to tell you. I'm sure she'll tell you sooner or later." Rachel says looking at me.

I grip the steering wheel hard and my jaw clenches. I thought she said she wanted to help me. If she wants to help me then she should tell me.

"For now we need to just see how they act together." She says trying to calm me down. I slowly nod and swing into the parking lot of the theatre. I find a parking spot and park my Jeep.

"Let's do this." I mutter. She nods and follows me out of the car and to the doors.

"I'll get the tickets. You go get the popcorn." I tell her and she nods and hurry's to the counter where all the popcorn and candy is sold.

I get the tickets and then meet back up with Rachel. "Put your hood up and try and find them if you can." She mutters as we make our way to our theatre. "We'll sit two or three rows behind them." She adds. I nod. She seems to be more into this than me now and honestly I don't mind.

I swing the door open and let her walk in first. She keeps her head down and I begin to scan the crowd carefully. "Found them." I mutter. "Come on." I say leading her to a couple rows right behind them.

"Did they see us?" She ask as she plops down next to me.

"I don't think so." I mutter as I watch Alex plant a sloppy kiss on Ariel's neck and she chuckles slightly. Rachel sees me staring at them.

"Don't worry about it too much. Here have some popcorn." She says calmly. I nod and dig into the popcorn and grab a handful of the butter mess.

"Is this movie even supposed to be good?" I ask Breaking the ice but being sure to be quiet so Ariel doesn't hear my voice.

"I don't know but I'm not gonna be watching it much." She says with a low chuckle. I chuckle a little with her. She was right. I probably wasn't gonna watch one second of the movie. I couldn't help but keep my eyes glued on the pair sitting in front of us.

Looking at them makes my heart race and my muscles tense and my jaw to clench. He doesn't deserve her and he never will.

—————————
AN:
This is trash. Sorry.

I should be working on my English homework but oh well.

Feel free to request any imagines since I have a book for imagines now :)