Chapter 14

Ariel's POV:

I sit at home by myself sulking mainly. Since when had my life become such shit? In the mix of all these horrid thoughts there's Ethan. He was there when I needed him. Now that I think of it he was always there.

He was there that night during his party after Alex screamed at me in front of everyone and he was there this weekend. Alex was never there. Hell he was the reason I was so upset half the time.

I sigh as I flip through Netflix and wrap my blanket around me even tighter. Ethan's supposed to be coming over but I have no clue where he is. School ended 45 minutes ago.

I grab my phone up off the couch next to me and shoot him a text.

Ariel - where are you?

I sigh as I wait for a response.

Ethan - I had to run home really quick. I'll be there in a few.

My heart speeds up at the idea of Ethan being here soon. Why though? I shake it off and finally land on Bobs Burgers. I've already seen every single episode but I don't care.

I'm half way through an episode when there's a light knock on my front door. I stand up off the couch and flatten out my clothes. I don't know why I'm trying to look presentable. I'm in sweats and a shirt for God's sake and it's just Ethan. He's known me for years so why do I care so much now?

"Hey." I say softly as I swing the door open and motion for him to come in. He smiles at me and walks in and almost immediately makes his way to my couch causing me to chuckle.

"How was school?" I ask starting a conversation. "Would've been better if you were there." He jokes. My heart stops. Does he really want me around? "I'm sorry. I just didn't want to go and see him." I say trying to explain myself. He gently places his hand on my shoulder and sends me a soft smile and goosebumps litter my arms because of his touch. "It's okay. I understand." Ethan always understands.

I glance down at his hand placed on my shoulder and see some small bruise looking marks on his knuckles. "What happened?" I ask taking his hand in mine and looking over his knuckles. "Oh. Nothing. Grayson and I were playing a video game and I lost and I got mad and punched the wall." That's a lie and I know it's is. "You know. I can tell when you're lying." I say raising my eyebrow.

"Fine. I punched jack." He says nonchalantly. My eyes widen. Him and jack are friends or I thought they were. "Why?" I ask with the shocked look still on my face. "He said some things that pissed me off." He mutters. I sigh. He's always been somewhat short tempered. Especially when we were younger. "You have such a short temper." I joke. He chuckles and sinks further into the couch.

"So what'd he say?" I ask. "What?" "What's He day to piss you off?" I elaborate so he can understand what I'm asking. "He just said stupid shit about what happened over the weekend." I just nod because I know what he's referring to. "Eth you need to stop getting in fights because of me." He sits up straight and faces me.

"I can't promise I'll stop." "Why not?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows. "I told you nothing bad would happen to you and I'm making sure that I keep that promise." He says with his eyes flashing down to my lips then back up to my eyes and at this moment I'm out of breath. I have no clue what to say. My hearts beating with an insane rhythm and I can't help but look down at his lips like he did mine.

We're close now. Only a few inches away from each other. "Ariel did you load the dish washer like I asked? Oh hey Ethan!" My moms says loudly as she comes through the front door. God dang it Mom. Did I want to kiss Ethan? Part of my did and part of me didn't.

"Hey Mrs. Richards." Ethan says with a big smile. He's known my mom for years and still doesn't call her by her first name.

"It's Jen." My Mom corrects him rolling her eyes. She always corrects him and he never listens. He just chuckles and then looks back and me and licks his lips. God those lips.

I know I just broke up with Alex but I can't help but feel like I haven't been in a relationship in months because the last few months of Alex and I's relationship was shit. I can't help but think about how good Ethan would be to me. Maybe this whole time Ethan was the guy I needed. Right here in front of me.

——————
AN:

Finally I wrote some in Ariel's point of view :)

But they almost kissed!!