Chapter 13

I didn't really ask Ariel many questions over the weekend mainly because I didn't want to push her. She was already so upset I thought it was a bad time.

Not gonna lie I'm happy she's done with him but I mean who isn't.

"I'm leaving bro. I'll see you later." Grayson shouts into my doorway as he heads out the door and makes his way to school. We always drive separate because he's still in sports where as I quit. They weren't for me and I was almost never in the mood for practice or games. I was always upset with myself for letting Ariel get away or I was just upset with the fact that I wasn't good enough for her.

I snap out of my thoughts and grab my book bag off my bed and shrug it on and make my way down stairs. I grab my keys and lock the door behind me.

I speed to school mainly out of excitement. I'm just excited that today's gonna be how it used to. Ariel, Rachel, and I walking from class to class together because Alex isn't in the picture.

I pull into the parking lot and I'm quick to grab my bag and head to the building. As I enter I see the usual. Multiple friend groups littering the hallway. I glance towards Ariel's locker and she's not there. She's always here a little early. She's always liked to be on time or early if possible.

My eyebrows furrow as I make my way to my locker. Where is she?

I swing my locker open and toss my bag in and Rachel walks up next to me. "So I heard Ariel stayed at your house over the weekend." She says wiggling her eyebrows. "It wasn't like that but have you seen her?" She shakes her head no and I let out a loud sigh. "She's not at her locker?" She ask trying to look over my shoulder on her tiptoes. I shake my head no and quickly pull my phone out of my back pocket. I pull up Ariel's contact and shoot her a text asking where she is.

Ariel - I didn't feel like going. I didn't want to see him and everyone else.

I let out a huge breath. Thank god she's at home. I don't know what I was expecting to hear but part of me thought something horrible happened to her. "She didn't feel like coming." I mutter to Rachel. "Don't blame her." She says raising her eyebrows and turning on her heels and heading to class.

Ethan - Okay. Do you want me to come over after school?

God I hope she does. I need to see her. I know it's only been a day but god I hate being away from her. I want her all to myself. Yes, selfish I know.

Ariel - sure :)

My heart pounds out of my chest at the text and a large smile spreads across my face.

Ethan - see you later ;)

God why'd I put a winking face? So weird.

I let out a loud sigh and make my way to first period. At least the thought of seeing Ariel later is gonna get me through the day.

***********
End of school day

I feel like I'm sprinting to my Jeep as I leave school but I don't care. As I reach my Jeep I quickly swing the door open and toss my bag in the back seat.

"Yo! Ethan!" I hear behind me before I step in my car. Damn it. "Yo What's up?" I ask as I turn to face Jack. "Nothing bro. I haven't talked to you in forever man." He says with a goofy smile plastered on his face. I just chuckle because I really don't want to talk. All I'm thinking about is seeing Ariel.

"Did you hear about Alex and Ariel?" He ask trying to spark a conversation. "Yeah it's fucked up." I say going along with him and stepping away from my car a bit. "The bitch had it coming." He says shrugging his shoulders. "I'm sorry what did you say?" I ask making sure I heard him right. "She wouldn't leave him the fuck alo-" I cut him off there because I grab him by the collar of his shirt and slam him against my Jeep and my jaw clinches. "Don't you dare talk about her like that." I say through clenched teeth.

"What the fuck bro? Is she like your girlfriend or something?" He ask with wide eyes and I soften a bit. "Just don't talk about her like that." I say a lot less firmly. "Oh I get it. She fucked you didn't she? She probably gets around." He says with a big grin and that's it. I lift my fist and smash it against his nose. Hard.

He groans after the blow and looks at me with confusion. I pull him off my Jeep and slam him back up against it yet again. "I said don't fucking talk about her like that. You keep her god damn name out of your mouth. She's been through enough and she doesn't need to worry about a scum like you talking shit about her."

My face is red with anger. I don't even need to look I already know it is. "Okay bro. Okay. I won't." He says defeated and I release my grip on his shirt and push him away from my Jeep. He wipes his nose and looks at me with disgust before he leaves.

Dumbass.

——————————
AN:
This sucks but it's been a minute.