Rubberbands

"Oh. Yeah." I clear my throat. The kids stared up at me with anticipation. I am sure I looked wide eyed stuttering all over myself. I hear Harry sigh on the other side of the phone. "Well...I'm at work."

"That's lovely." I roll my eyes at the sarcasm in his voice.

"It really isn't," I deadpan.

"Is there a reason you called me, or did you just want to hear my sex-god voice?"

"Ew! No!" I exclaim.

"Well, what is it then? I'm busy."

"I'm watching Shawn's kids and they want to see you," I say, trying to hide the irritability in my voice.

"They want to see me?" He snorts. "Am I supposed to just hightail it down there because your high as fuck boss's kids want to see me?"

"I don't know," I grimace. "Fine, it's stupid, forget I called."

"Wait, wait."

I pause, huffing out in annoyance. "What?"

"Do the kids want to see me...or do you want to see me?" He taunts. I can hear the humor in his voice.

"The kids do." I tell him.

"I'm finding that a little hard to believe." He chuckles.

"Fine, then don't believe it. I don't care." I grumble.

"Aw baby, don't be that way," He says sweetly. "I think you want to see me."

"Oh please," I see Katie snicker out of the corner of my eye. "The kids seem to find you humorous."

"Oh, bullshit."

"Look, are you coming or not?"

"Oh, I don't know," he ponders. "Maybe if you say it's you that wants to see me and not the kids."

"I'm not going to say that." I scoff.

"All right, then bye."

"Wait!" I sigh, pressing a palm to my forehead. "Fine. I-want-to-see-you."

"What was that?" He taunts.

"You're pushing my limits." I groan into the phone.

"Am I?"

"Harry," I warn through gritted teeth.

"Blair."

"I want to see you," I say in a monotone.

"All right, all right, no need to beg, I'll be there soon." I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

I roll my eyes and hang up to see the two kids laughing hysterically. "What's so funny?" I ask.

"You should have seen your face," Bryce exclaims. He pulls an exaggerated annoyed face and I can't help but laugh with him.

"I did not look like that," I retort.

"You totally did," Katie says.

"You looked like that the whole ride from the airport, too," Bryce adds.

I huff, scrunching my nose. "Harry's an idiot, that's why."

"There's the face again!" Katie laughs.

"Very funny," I say, leaning back into the chair. "Now hush or I'll call Harry back and tell him not to come." That shuts them up and I smirk. I want to bang my head against the wall. The kids go back to playing catch with some stupid rubber band ball. I want to get back to my book, but I am too anxious to see Harry.