Sexy Librarian

Harry's hand presses to the small of my back as he steers me towards his car. I can feel the buzz of his irritated energy, and I am put on edge. He opens the door for me and I slide in, before he slams it shut. He throws open the driver's side door and slams it behind him. He is being excessive with his little fit.

"I'm sorry that I didn't call you back, Louis and I were talking."

Harry grumbles something under his breath.

"Is something wrong?" I question.

"Louis is a dick," Harry says.

"What happened? I was literally gone for three seconds," I question.

"He just started talking shit," Harry grumbles.

"Really?"

"Of course, he is always this way." He says.

"He really talked shit?" I ask. "Because he was just telling me about how happy he was for us."

He pauses. "What?"

"Yep," I say.

"He said that he was happy that we were happy," I mumble; technically it wasn't a total lie.

"He said that he was happy for you," Harry begins. "And for me?"

"Well," I pause. "Not exactly—"

"Come on, Blair!" He exclaims.

"Well, he said he was happy for me, but I took it as us." I explain.

"That isn't the same thing," he grumbles.

"Please don't let your mood ruin our time."

Harry sighs. "I'm sorry," he says, his gaze softening.

"It's fine," I mumble. He takes my hand and presses a kiss to my knuckles. It is strange, I had felt so tense this entire car ride, but the second Harry touches me my whole body relaxes. He squeezes my hand lightly.

"Do you have to go to work today?" He asks.

"Yes," I tell him.

"Can't you call in sick," he whines.

"Nope," I tell him shacking my head.

"Please, I want to spend time with you." He begs. "I could take you to a movie, or to dinner, or we could go back to my place and—"

"Harry! I can't just call in sick I'll get fired; and besides, you'll be spending time with me."

"In a crumby bookstore," he says under his breath.

"Hey!" I say, defensively. "You love spending time with me at that crumby bookstore!"

He looks at me from the corner of his eye, and chuckles. He pulls into the parking lot, and puts the car in park. He leans over the center console and presses a kiss to my cheek. "I do."

We get out of the car and we run into Liam who is just leaving from his shift. "Hey, Blair," Liam smiles. "Harry."

"Hey, Liam," I greet. "Was it busy today?"

"Not at all." He grins. "Ready for the late night?"

"Oh, you know it," I answer sarcastically. "Wish me luck?"

"Always," he chuckles. "Call me if it becomes something you can't handle; I would be glad to keep you company."

"You know I will," I tell him. "Have a good night, Liam."

"You guys too!" Liam waves to us, as the bell jingles from the door opening. Harry follows me inside. I set my things behind the counter and peek back in the office to see if Shawn is around. He is nowhere in sight, which means that he must have gone home for the evening.