Orientation to Hell

"Got everything?" Harry asks me as he shuts the trunk of the car.

I nod. "I think so. I triple checked."

Harry smirks. "You would."

I shove him playfully and he shuffles a few steps off balance. He makes a small grab for my butt and I squeal, jumping into the passenger seat. He holds the door and leans to press a gentle kiss to my forehead. I check my watch to make sure we have plenty of time to get to orientation. It's not too long of a drive to university, but it's three hours to  see Harry's family. The orientation is a day event full of dorm tours, presentations, course registration, etc.  But once it was over we would be off to spend the night with Harry's family. 

My father and Jay wave goodbye from the porch as Harry backs out of the driveway, pulling onto the main road.

"Looks like it's just you and me now," he says, winking at me.

I roll my eyes. "Joy," I say in a monotone.

Harry smirks. I pull out my book and open it in my lap. Harry turns on the radio and Lana Del Rey's soft voices leaks through the speakers. I turn to him in shock.

"Lana?" I ask.

Harry shrugs. "She's hot."

"She's so..."

"What?"

"Not what I would expected you to play." I chuckle.

"Whatever," he grumbles insecurely. 

"Are you a closet Lana fan, Harry?" I tease. 

"No," he huffs.  "I'm just more cultured than you think."

"I think you're a fan," I taunt. 

"Yeah, so what if I am?"

"Nothing, she's great," I tell him. "Her voice is lovely."

"And she's hot."

"Harry." I exclaim.

"What? You can't deny it." He says as we drive.

"She's my woman crush."

Harry laughs. "That's sexy."

"You're terrible." I say. He just shrugs and turns up the volume. I sink back in my seat and open my book, I look over at Harry every so often.

He drives with one hand on the wheel, the other resting in his lap. He hums along to the music, chewing on his lip every so often. He wears a white t-shirt with his usual dark jeans, his hair long and curly as ever. Black sunglasses rest on his nose. I've always known why girls desire him so much. Since we were teenagers girls have been all over him. 

My eyes land on the tattoos peeking out from under his t-shirt on his arms.

"You're so handsome," I say randomly, shutting my book.

"Hmm?" He turns to look at me. "What sparked that compliment?" 

"Nothing," I shrug. "I just wanted you to know."

He raises his eyebrows. "Why?"

"Why not?"

"Touché." He smiles. 

"I don't think I have ever really asked you what your tattoos meant," I trail off.

"Which one do you want to know about?" He asks shifting in his seat. I part my lips, scanning the visible tattoos on his arms. My eyes land on the artfully drawn ship etched into his bicep.

"The ship," I whisper.

Harry turns his arm to look at it and smiles a bit. "Ah," he says. "That one."