Chapter Three

The sudden ringing of my alarm woke me from my three hours of sleep. After reading the note last night, I became extremely paranoid, making sure the door was defiantly locked, checking to see if the windows where closed every hour. I pushed the covers off of me and sat up, trying to decide if should fake being ill just to get a few more hours of sleep.

I let out a loud yawn and climbed out of bed, skipping school was not my thing and I wasn't going to start now. I changed out of my pyjamas and into a pair of blue denim shorts and a white tank top.

"Good morning sweetie" my mum greeted as I took a seat at the dining table. "You look exhausted"

"I am, I didn't get much sleep last night" I replied taking a bite out of the pancakes she had already made for me.

"Any particular reason?" She asked and I shook my head. There was no way I was going to tell her about the note. "Right then, I have to get to work, have a good day at school" she kissed my forehead and then left.

~
"Your homework will be due next Friday!" Our maths teacher reminded us as the whole class made their way out of the door.

I walked down the hallway as other students pushed passed me to get to where they wanted to go. I spotted Bill and his friends and decided to go up to them.

"Hey Bill" I greeted. He turned to look at me and smiled.

"H-h-hey Reina"

"Well hello there fair maiden" Richie joked as he took my hand and kissed the top of it.

"You're so weird" I giggled.

"Richie, can't you ever be normal" Eddie blurted out, giving me an apologetic look.

"Normal?? I am normal you on the other hand my friend I'm not so sure about" Richie's response caused Eddie to lightly punch him on the shoulder.

"You two are never going to find someone if you act like this for the rest of your lives" Stan said from beside me rolling his eyes at the two as they began to playfully shove each other in the hall way.

"Say R-R-Reina we're all going to the q-q-quarry after school if you'd like to come" Bill suggested.

"I'd love to but I have to stay behind after school, I have rehearsals for the dance show coming up" I told them with a sigh.

"You're in that?" Eddie questioned and I nodded.

"We are defiantly going to watch that" Richie said, winking at me in the process. I couldn't help but let out a loud laugh. These guys were hilarious.

"Oh god" Stan muttered.

"What?" We all turned to see the Bowers Gang heading in our direction. None of us dared move because if we did, we knew it would cause a big scene.

"Well well well what do we have here?" Henry said circling the five of us. "A new member of the Losers Club"

I looked ahead to see Belch, Vic and Patrick blocking and chance of escape. I shifted slightly when I noticed that Patrick had his eyes on me, it made me feel uncomfortable but at the same time I felt a little flattered.

"Reina" Henry knew my name....wow. "Please tell me what are you doing with Losers like this when you could be spending time with real men....like me?" I gulped as he stepped closer to me, reaching out and tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"L-l-leave her a-a-alone Bowers!" Bill demanded as he stepped in front of me.

"Or else what?" Henry challenged grabbing Bill by the front of his shirt and pulling him up to his face so that they were nose to nose.

"I umm I-I-I'll.." Henry looked at Bill in amusement as he waited for Bill to say what he was going to say but nothing came out.

"That's what I thought" Henry smirked as released his grip on Bill's shirt. "Fucking loser" he spat before walking passed us. I swiftly turned to see the Bowers Gang walk out of the school doors.

"Bill are you ok?" Stan asked.

"Y-y-yeah I'm f-f-fine" he mumbled looking down at the floor. I walked over to him and gave him a friendly hug.

"Thank you Bill" he looked at me and gave me a sweet smile.

"Someone needs to teach that asshole a fucking lesson" Richie said, looking at the school doors in disgust.

"If you have a death wish Richie then go right ahead" Eddie joked before taking a puff from his inhaler.

So much for avoiding the Bowers Gang.

~
As the music echoed through the hall, I made sure my timing was right and that I was on beat. I was the only one that stayed behind to work on the dances for the show, I was a bit of a perfectionist. By the time I had gone over them 5 times I was out of breath and sweating. Times like this I wished I had Eddie's inhaler.

"Reina, I'll be back in a few minutes I just need to do some work next door, I can trust you right?" My dance teacher told me.

"Of course" I smiled and wiped the sweat off of my forehead with a towel, watching Mrs Tye leave the room.  I sighed and pressed play on the boom box and began rehearsing again.

A slow clap followed by a wolf whistle echoed through the hall as the music finished, I turned my head to see Patrick walking slowly towards me. I began to panic and stood up straight from the crouched position I was in.

"Reina Jacobs you really are something" He smirked as he approached me, I took a few steps back until I was pressed against the wall with Patrick in front of me.

"What do you want?" I anxiously asked.

"Do you realise how pretty you are?" He asked avoiding my question.

"What?" Patrick was beginning to creep me out.

"I'm attracted Kitten" He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him with his other hand placed on my hip. Patrick's touch sending shivers down my spine, this was the first time I had been touched like this by someone.

"What?" He shushed me and moved his hand from my chin to grab a strand of my hair. 

"Pretty" he mumbled as began to smell my hair. My breathing began to pick up its pace as Patrick forced one of his legs in between mine and the hand that was once on my hip now began tugging at the bottom of the tight sports bra I wore.

"Patrick....please stop" I managed to say in between breaths.

Patrick then moved his face back to mine, our lips inches apart. I looked up at him, only to find his green eyes staring back. It was only then did I realise how attractive he really was.

"Reina" he whispered and then lightly placed his lips on top of mine. I could hear my heartbeat ringing in my ears. Before I got a chance to react he pulled away, stepping backwards. 

"Meet me outside of the school once you're done, I'll be waiting" he smirked and walked away, leaving me feeling flustered.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter guys, feedback is appreciated ☺️ xo