Chapter Five

"I'm sorry what?" Gretta yelled as I explained to her what happened the night before.

"He kissed me" I told her again, giggling slightly. She took a sip of her milkshake and shook her head at me.

"You poor thing"

"It was actually nice" I admitted causing the poor girl to choke on her drink. I tried my best to not let my laughter escape as I watched Gretta regained herself.

"You liked kissing Patrick, the schools psycho, member of the Bowers Gang Hockstetter?" She asked in surprise. "Reina are you feeling ok?"

"I'm fine" I began to blush slightly remembering the kiss.

"At least you finally had one right?" I rolled my eyes and shoved her slightly.

It was true though I felt great now that I had finally interacted with at least one boy. Maybe I wasn't so avoidable at all. But the problem is that I wanted more, not from just any random boy, but from Patrick and I was never like this. Since I left him yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about him. Was I developing a crush for Patrick? Absolutely.

"Wait here a second, I need to speak to my dad" Gretta told me as we stopped outside of her dads pharmacy. I nodded and watched her walk in.

I felt a hand clamp over my mouth as I was being dragged in an alley.  I groaned as my back hit the wall with force. I looked up to see none other than Henry Bowers in front of me, Belch and Vic by his side and Patrick behind him. I gasped as Henry wrapped his fingers around my neck.

"You got lucky yesterday when Denbrough stepped in, but hunny I don't like it when people don't answer me" I did my best to pry his hands off of me, but failed as Belch and Vic pinned them to the wall.

"Please" was all I was able to say as tears rolled down my cheek. I turned to look at Patrick who had a blank expression on his face.

"Now I'm going to ask again, what were you doing with Losers like them,when you could be spending time with real men like me?" His fingers tightening around my neck so that I was incapable of speaking, Vic and Belch snickered from beside him.

"Damn Henry she's ignoring you again" Belch laughed before turning his attention back to me.

"Well looks like I'm going to have to teach her a lesson" Fear crossed my face as Henry pulled out his pocket knife. He lifted up my top and slowly put the blade to my stomach.

"Henry your dad just drove by!" Patrick warned and Henry immediately pulled his hand and the knife away from me.

"You kidding?" He asked as he turned to Patrick.

"Nope I honestly just saw him so let's get out of here!" Henry went into full panic mode. It was quite amusing to watch.

"Lets go!" Henry demanded and began to power walk out of the alley with Vic and Belch.

"I believe the words you're looking for are thank you, Raindrop" Patrick winked at me before following the others.

~
I was now currently sat on Grettas bed as she tried on her new dress. After my little encounter with Henry, which I didn't tell her about, we had an afternoon full of shopping. Shopping was never really my thing but I wasn't going to complain, it got me out of the house.

"Did you hear about Marsh?" She said trying to fit her head through the hole of the dress.

"Marsh?"

"Beverley...Beverley Marsh the schools slut" she spat the last part out.

"What did she do now?" I mumbled. It bugged me that Gretta picked on Beverly, I had spoken to her a few times and she was lovely. I tried to stick up for her once but it only ended in a screaming match between me and Gretta.

"She gave Jack Lewis a blowie in the school toilets" she said in disgusted.

"You don't know what for sure Gretta, they could just be rumours" I tried explaining to her but she wasn't having any of it.

"Yeah right...just like when she fucked Henry Bowers" I rolled my eyes at Gretta's claim.

"Gretta she di..."

"Shut up!" She turned to face me and placed her hands on her hips. "What do you think?"

"It's nice, I actually like it" I smiled.

"Obviously it's nice that's why I brought it" she smirked before turning back to the mirror. Sometimes I really did question why I was friends with this girl.

"I better get back, it's getting late" I stood up and gathered my things.

"Call me when you get home so I know your safe"

"Will do" I gave her a short hug before walking down the stairs and out of her front door.

The street lights were already beginning to come on so I needed to hurry. I wrapped my coat tightly around me and headed down the street.  I had picked up the habit of constantly turning to see if anyone was following me. It was sad to know that I wasn't even safe in my own town anymore.

The sound of a bike bell going off distracted me from my thoughts, I turned to see Mike Hanlon. Mike was home schooled, mainly because he would constantly had to deal with racism. Most people had a problem because his skin was a different colour, but that didn't bother me.

"Hey Mike" I greeted as he rode beside me.

"Shouldn't you be home by now" He gave me a questioning look.

"That's where I'm heading" I giggled and he put on his brakes making the bike come to a stand still.

"Get on, I'll take you to the end of your street, I'm going that way anyway" he smiled and moved forward.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah" he took my bags off of me and placed them on the handle bars as I climbed on behind him.
~
"Thank you so much" I said as Mike handed me back my bags.

"It's no problem honestly" He smiled and pulled me into a hug which I gladly returned.

"Stay safe Mike" I yelled as he began to ride of.

"And you!" Was the last thing he said before he disappeared round the corner.

I quickly made my way up to my house and walked through the gate. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of something red. I looked across the street to see a single red balloon floating.

Hey guys....I'm so so so sorry I haven't updated in the past two days, I had to deal with a few things. I hoped you enjoyed this chapter xo