Chapter Seventeen

"Was that baby in the picture you?" I asked as me and Patrick had finally settled into bed. My head was on his chest and he was tracing my arm with his fingertips. Somehow, I had managed to get his violent outburst.

"Nope, my brother" he told me.

"You have a brother?" Patrick had never even mentioned that to me.

"Had" He bluntly replied reaching over and pulling a cigarette out of the packet that sat on his windowsill.

"Oh I'm sorry"

"Don't be, I don't care" I turned to him staring at him in shock, he just shrugged and inhaled the smoke before blowing it out in my face causing me to erupt into a coughing fit. Patrick just chuckled and turned his attention back to the t.v

"You can't say that Patrick" I exclaimed after I had calmed down.

"I just did, look I don't wanna talk about this so please either change the subject or shut up" I sighed and turned my back to him so that I was facing the wall.

"Night Patrick" I muttered.

"Going to sleep wasn't one of the options" He argued.

"I'm tired!" I heard him put out the cigarette and turn of the lamp before laying down next to me and wrapping his arms around me.

"Goodnight Kitten" He whispered before kissing my cheek. Sometimes I really didn't understand that boy. I snuggled into him and closed my eyes, waiting for sleep to take over.

~
I felt Patrick shift next to me waking me from my slumber. I turned to face him and saw that he was still asleep, he looked so adorable, normal even. My eye caught the clock and saw that it was 10:00, we were extremely late. I sat up and shook Patrick, who growled and buried his face deep into his pillow.

"Patrick we're late for school" I told him as I attempted to climb out of his bed.

"We ain't going today!" He told me pulling me back down.

"Patrick I-"

"Shush no go back to sleep" he muttered and held me close to him.

I couldn't miss school, I had never missed a day. The thought of how much trouble I'd get in played on my mind. Every time I attempted to leave Patrick's side I was pulled back down, he wasn't letting me go anywhere. After a couple more attempts I decided to give up.

'Surely one day wouldn't hurt' I thought as I got comfortable. I began to play with Patrick's raven hair whilst he tried to get back to sleep. I noticed a sweet smile appear on his face.

"Patrick?"

"hmm"

"We can't stay in bed all day" I laughed lightly and watched him pout.

"We're not, just give me a few more minutes, maybe an hour" I shook my head and playfully slapped him, he poked my stomach in return. As Patrick fell asleep,  I wriggled out of his grip and turned on the t.v, making sure it was at a low volume.

I looked back at Patrick's sleeping form, he looked so angelic. Yet he came across as  the complete opposite. But I knew that deep down there was another side to Patrick, I just knew it. He had been treating me so well since he saved me so he couldn't be that bad? Sure he was weird for example he had a fridge full of dead animals, he bullied everyone and he didn't seem to care about his brother's death. But the way he treated his friends and me when we are alone makes him seem like your average human. Patrick was a closed book, you could never tell what he was thinking, or what his emotions were. 

Finally, after a long 3 and a half hours, Patrick was finally up, the boy could sleep forever. He changed in the bathroom out of respect for me. I had changed into a pair of black jeans, and a grey top which showed a bit of my stomach. when Patrick came back, he looked me up and down and rummaged through his wardrobe, pulling out a dark blue polka dot shirt. 

"Put this on" He instructed and I obeyed. 

"Why am I putting this on?" I asked. 

"Because it shows that you're mine and it goes well, leave it unbuttoned" I took a look in the mirror and he was right, his shirt did go with my outfit. 

"So where are we going?" 

"Patience raindrop" He told me as he lightly ran his hands under my chin before walking to the other side of his room. 

~

Patrick had ended up taking me to the movies considering I didn't go with him the other day when we asked to watch 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' and he paid for everything, well he stole a few snacks from behind the counter, but he paid for the tickets which was sweet. Throughout the film, Patrick would groan in annoyance and shout stuff out loud, claiming that the cast was 'shit' and that the film was 'bollocks'. How he didn't get kicked out I'd never know. Once the film had finished, he had brought a large bag of chips from the local chip shop and sat on a deserted park so that we could share them. 

"Thank you for today it was cute" I told him, looking up art him to see his mouth was full of chips. 

"awtfh ytugh" I raised my eyebrow at him and he swallowed the food, laughing uncontrollably 

"What was that?" I giggled

"I said you're welcome" He gave me a cheesy grin before shoving a chip into my mouth. "Better than going to school right?"

"I guess, but I'm going to get in so much trouble" I mumbled before continuing to eat.

"So? Life's too short Reina you gotta live on the wild side once in your life" He gave me a devilish grin which caused me to blush.

"Easy for you to say" We ate quietly for a few minutes until the bag was finished. Somehow we had both made our way over to sit on the swings, seeing who could go the highest.

"So I'm guessing you enjoyed your first date?" Patrick said.  This was a date? 

"Date?" I questioned. 

"Well yeah, isn't that what people do when they're like a thing?I'm sorry it's not much but it's the best I could do" He shrugged and began biting his nails. I couldn't help but smile to myself. Patrick could be so sweet. 

"Don't be sorry, I loved it" I took ahold of his hand. He leaned in closer to me and connected our lips. I pulled away when something caught my eye. Patrick gave me a questioning look but soon turned his attention to what I was staring at, another red balloon floating across from us. 

"Probably from some kids birthday party" He reassured me. i muttered in agreement. "Come on, let's go" He took ahold of my hand and lead me away from the park. 

I was suppose to finish and upload this chapter yesterday but I was too exhausted so I apologise deeply. I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter xo