Chapter Twenty-Four

Behind the door was a grinning Patrick who looked like he had just committed the worlds most brutal crime. I stepped aside and let him in. I watched as he walked straight over to my mum, who gave a fake smile.

"Hello you must be Patrick" she greeted shaking his hand.

"And you must be Reina's mother, it's nice to meet you" he politely said. My jaw dropped to the ground. What had this idiot done with the real Patrick.

"I can see where Reina gets her good looks" he winked and my mum giggled.

"Oh bless you!" She turned to me and smiled. "If you two would follow me to the kitchen" I pulled Patrick's arm so that he turned to me.

"What was that?" I asked with a small laugh.

"I'm trying to seem normal, trust me it's killing me on the inside but it's the best I can do" He whispered with a pout, I took the opportunity and pecked him on the lips.

"Come on" I grabbed his hand and led him into the kitchen, he let out a quiet groan.

I offered to dish out the dinner whilst my mum and Patrick had a deep conversation, getting to know each other a little better. I tried my best to seem distracted but in reality I was hoping Patrick didn't say something stupid.

"So Patrick, do you have any siblings?" My mum asked. I notice Patrick gulp.

"I had a brother but I don't want to talk about it" he told her. "Are you married?"

"No I'm a widow, Reina's father passed away two weeks after she was born" My mum had told him.

"Oh she never mentioned that" Patrick looked up at me, sorrow filling his eyes.

I never really spoke about my dad, mainly because I didn't see a point considering I never knew him. My mum had told me stories and had shown me pictures of him holding me, he seemed like a nice man. I was gutted that I didn't get to grow up with him there but I never cried, I couldn't. I guess there just wasn't enough memories for me to cry.

"This is delicious" Patrick complimented my mums cooking as he took the first bite out of her chicken.

"Why thank you Patrick!" She gave him a friendly smile and picked up her fork.

"Patrick do you want any salt?" I asked and he nodded. I stood up and grabbed it, handing it over to Patrick.

"I'm glad she's finally found someone" My mum admitted looking between myself and Patrick.

"I guess I'm lucky to have her" Patrick turned to me and winked.

~
"This was her first dance show!" My mother said as she showed Patrick a picture of my in a purple tutu.

"You were chubby, cute" Patrick chuckled as he examined the photo.

"At least I was warm in the winter!" I mumbled. Patrick reached over and took my hand in his, handing the picture back over to my mum.

"This is Reina with her father!" My mum pulled out a picture of me wrapped in a pink blanket looking up at my dad and holding his finger tightly.

"My pupils look so big" I giggled.

"Did you know when you look at someone you love your pupils expand" My mum told us.

"That's not true" I laughed and she smiled.

"You may not believe it, but I do"

"So do I" Patrick rubbed my knuckles with him thumb and gave me a sweet smile.

"Okay that's enough pictures for one day" My mum sighed and closed the book, placing it back with the others.

"Patrick it's past seven!" I said and he cursed under his breath so that my mum didn't hear.

"I have to go, curfew and all" He joked and slowly headed for the door, his hand still in mine.

"It was lovely to meet you Patrick!" My mum said and gave him a small hug which he shockingly returned.

"You two!"

"Maybe you could stay over one night?" Me and Patrick both shared a glance and I looked down at my feet, hiding the smile that had formed.

"Maybe"

"Well I'll leave you two kids to say goodbye" She then made her way into the kitchen.

"Thank you for being so kind to her!" I said.

"Aaa she's alright, but it's your turn tomorrow" He smirked. "I had to meet one, you've got two to deal with!"

"Patrick!" I whined.

"Hey it'll be ok I'll be there" he licked his lips, oh how I loved when he did that, and lifted my chin. I closed the gap between us and wrapped my arms around his neck, his snaked around my waist and held me close.

"Right, I have to go" He said breaking this kiss.

"I'll see you tomorrow"

"Of course, bye Kitten!" I gasped as he smacked my ass and ran out of the door. I shook my head and closed the door behind him. 'Well that went well' I thought to myself as I walked into the kitchen to help my mum clean.

"Reina I have to say, the rumours about that kid didn't add up to his behaviour today" she told me.

"So?"

"So I'm impressed" she smiled. "He's welcome to our home anytime"

Hey guys, sorry this chapter is short but at least I uploaded ☺️ Stay Blessed xo