The Good Ol' Days

Mark's POV:

"Oh?! Looks like somebody's been eating Mom's cookies again," My father called to me. I sat in the broom cupboard, hiding. From outside the cupboard, I could hear my parents giggling. I giggled too. Ah yes, those were the good ol' days... Too bad those were long gone now.

Father died years ago, in battle. I missed him so. He was my idol, my everything. My older brother Thomas had to take his place in our national military. So I was left to take care of Momma. She would be off to marry soon. To a richman named Sir Joseph. He was coming over today.

       I was going to have to keep my secret best I possibly could... Father would be disappointed I broke my promise. He's dead, but-- still. "What is my secret?" You ask. Well, I was one of those rare peculiar folk who were born with "unnaturally" colored hair. But I was different from the others, their hair was one solid color-- mine changed based on my mood.

       We may have been considered freaks of nature, but the king's own son had bright green hair. So, he let up on us a bit. Still, I had always been self-conscious of it, so I always wore a hat to keep it hidden and unnoticed..... I just hoped Sir Joseph wouldn't see it.

|-/ Hello, to all of you Rosebuds! I'm taking a break from "The Beast and the Irishman" for a bit. So, because I told you I'd be making a series, I'm going to be working on this story during that time. Love you guys! Bye-bye.|-/