The Beautiful Stranger

Mark's POV:

"Now remember what I said," Sir Joseph spoke to me, demandingly as the carriage came to a stop. "Stay here." I nodded, ready for them to go into "Boutique du Monsieur Barnes". Felix kicked me in the side as he and his brother exited the coach.

"And don't screw anything up, Pet," Cry grumped. Then, the two dickheads followed their father into the boutique. I sighed, I was finally alone. They were going to be gone for at least 3 hours, so I decided to wander about the village.. I DID have the small amount of money Sir Joseph had given me before leaving the house.

Climbing out of the coach, I almost fell because of the step but soon regained my balance. I decided to head out toward my favorite inn from when I was a kid, sure I never stayed in it, but my father was best friends with the bartender before he died in the war.

Prince Jack's POV:

"Your highness, are you sure you want to go alone?" Matthias, my coach driver asked, concerned. "It could be quite dangerous, and your father would have my head if anything happened to you."

"You worry too much," I said, looking out the window at the busy streets of the village towns. "It'll be fine; I'll explore a bit, then maybe drop by the inn's built-in pub- besides, I have my lucky cap. I'll be quick as a jiff!" He sighed, and said 'alright' then stopped the coach to let me out.

"Stepping out of the royal coach, I took a deep breath of the outside air. Father almost NEVER lets me outside the palace walls. I picked a random direction, walking along a dirt pathway that led toward the pub. Thank goodness I decided to wear my grey flat cap over my hair and a thin blue cloak over my palace clothes so no one would recognize me. That is, until-

"OH MY GOD, IT'S PRINCE JACK!" two passing girls had recognized me on the street... All of the other young women and teenagers scattered about replied with a bunch of screams and shouts of "marry me". Oh no...

"Now, now, girls," I said, backing up nervously. "Y-You have to wait for th- Oh shit!" With a final scream, they charged after me in a large sea of raging hormones! "Aaaaaaaahhh!!

Next thing I knew, I was running as fast as my scrawny little chicken-legs (not literal) could carry me. Why oh why did I have to be born into all of this nonsense???

Mark's POV:

Cinnamon-Toast Inn&Pub was the only place where I'd ever had any friends; Mr. Ken: the owner and bartender; was a kind and strong man with the beard of a mountainman, Minx: a sweet girl I'd met there who had pink hair and a gentle smile, and Tyler: my best friend for life; earned himself the nickname "Stoneface Tyler" because he was the best at keeping a straight face out of all of us, I'd known him since we were little.

"Hey, hey! If it isn't my favorite kid with the colorful mane!" Mr. Ken called out, as soon as I entered the pub. "Haven't see you in ages, Marky."

"Yeah, it's been a while, hasn't it?" I replied, shyly rubbing my arm. But just as I said that...

"Aaahh!!" in came running, the most gorgeous boy I'd ever seen in my life! He wore a gray flat cap, and had these gorgeous baby blue eyes. Oddly enough, he highly resembled the prince... Hmmmm..

Prince Jack's POV:

I was still running from the craze of fangirls chasing me. As I neared a familiar place, I quickly dove inside to escape the stampede. Panting heavily and sweating like a fucking pig, I look up to see that this familiar place was the pub! I feel someone's gaze upon me and I slowly look up to see- none other than the most handsome person I'd ever laid eyes staring at me!

His beautifully chiseled face, strong build, and enchanting brown eyes made me swoon unintentionally. But once he seemed to realize I noticed his gawking, he blushed and shyed away. No, no, don't shy away! Show me those rich chocolate eyes!

I casually approached the bar, pretending I didn't notice this gorgeous boy at all, sneaking a few glances.

"Hey, hey," the bartender and owner of the inn's pub greeted me from behind the counter. "Well if it isn't Seán!" he winked at me, using my real name so no one would recognize who I was.

"Kenneth! Haven't seen ya since my last time outta the ol' shite-hole," I replied, grateful he didn't give me away after that whole fiasco. "God I'm tired, damn crazy bitches," I muttered refraining from taking my sweaty cap off in fear of revealing myself.

Kenneth leaned in closely and gestured with his head toward the Asian boy from before. "Seems that you've got yourself an admirer," he whispered. My face turned a bright shade of pink as I felt my cheeks heat up. Kenneth only giggles softly and then stood up straight. "So, what'll it be? The usual?"

"Yes, please," I nodded. "Uh hey, Kenneth?" He eyed me with a smirk, and I whispered in a secret change in my order. Who IS this beautiful stranger?