Fairy God Demon Pt. 2

Royale Rose's POV:

I'd been sitting in that rose garden waiting for Mark to return and trying to convince Buddy (my little rosebud) that everything would be okay when the carriage returned- early?

"You see what I told you?" Buddy said in his special way of communicating through chirps and squeals. (I'm the only one who can understand him... Well, my father can too) "He's back early, I knew something was gonna go wrong."

"Will you relax?" I asked. "I got it under control."

"Mmhm."

"Just, come on. I wanna see how it went." Buddy wrapped his stem around my arm and slithered his way up and into my empty eye socket, where he stays when I need depth perception because let's face it; can't have that with one eye. My boy with very dark blue hair and top part of his dress, ran out of the carriage and crashed into my arms, sobbing into my chest. "Marky, what's wrong?"

"I was wr-wrong about him," he shakily replied. "H-He LIED to me! There is NO Seán... It was that infernal Prince Jack in disgui-hi-hi-hise!" He broke down into violent sobbing and I hugged him close, caressing his hair and rocking us slightly.

"Shh, shh, Marky," I shoosh him as a mother would a small child. "It's okay."

"No! No, it's not!"

"Come, sit down, I want to talk to you about something." He looked up at me , nodded, then wiped his eyes. I take his hand and we walk over to the edge of the small stone fountain and sit down. "Mark," I begin. "I've been watching over you, I saw what was going on that day Seán dashed into the pub. He was hiding who he was to avoid being crowded by fangirls, but a group recognized him and chased after him, trying to get the prince to choose them. He ended up crashing into the pub and I saw, once your eyes met, it was clear that you two were brought together through fate."

"Fate? But if it were true love, he wouldn't have lied to me, he'd have told me the truth," Mark puts his head in his hands and sighs.

"Oh Marky, Marky, he was planning to tell you at the ball. If his father had never locked him up, he would have been able to," Mark turns away as if he still doesn't believe me. "He loves you, REALLY. Mark, when you left him there and said you didn't love him, it tore him apart. He loves you so, and if you don't go to him now, he may never forgive you.... Or he won't get the chance to forgive you because- well, just do what your heart tells you."

"No, tell me!" He slides off the fountain edge and on his knees on the ground, hands clasped pleadingly. "What is it? Tell me, fairy god-demon! Please!"

"I've been listening to his thoughts lately and..." He looks at e with pure worry in his eyes. |-/Trigger Warning: mention of suicide|-/ "He wants to kill himself! He's given up, his love for you gave him hope for any happiness in his future. He never even WANTED to be royalty, the thought of you and him being together got him out of the depression he'd been in for years.... Now, he wants to end it all." Telling him this makes purple poisonous tears fall from my rose-eye. He gets misty-eyes, and starts to stand.

"I-I-I-I have to save him!" He looks at me, right in the eyes. His hair and top part of his dress turn fire orange to show his determination. "I'm not going to let MY Seán kill himself!"

"That's the spirit!" I cheer, and Buddy chirps at him excitedly. Before anything else could be said or done, I am engulfed into a tight hug.

"Thank you, fairy god-demon," Mark says, kissing both my cheeks respectfully. I smile at him.

"You're welcome, child."

And off he goes to rescue his beloved prince charming.