Giving Up

|-/Warning: Depression and Suicidal Thoughts|-/
Prince Jack's POV:

This is it, the end. I can't live anymore, he hates me. There's no reason to be here anymore. I'm sorry, Marky.... I'm sorry, Father.... I'm sorry, Signe— I have failed you all.

I had given up, it was over... No point in living anymore, no hope and no love and no light— except for the constant spotlight that I never wanted! I looked around my room, and found just what I was looking for, the sword Father gave me as a gift for my birthday.

It would do the job, nicely. I forced myself to get up and pick it up. It felt so.... good in my hands. But before I did the deed— there were a few things I had to get off my chest. So, I rolled up the sleeve of my favorite jacket and held the blade up to the pale flesh of my right arm.

"I'm sorry for this.... But it must be done; for the kingdom, for my sanity, for my father's disappointment, for Mark's broken heart, for Signe's locked-up love.... For the sake of the kingdom."

One cut.

"I'm sorry, Father"

Two.

"I'm sorry, Mark"

Three.

"I'm sorry, Signe"

Four.

"I'm sorry, God"

Five, six.

"I'm sorry, kingdom"

Seven.

"I'm sorry...... Seán"

Eight, nine, ten.

Red blood flowed from the fresh cuts and dripped to the floor, mixing with the tears falling from my sorrowful eyes. It was time to do it... I rose to my feet and walked over to my large window, looking at the gorgeous meadows and valleys and mountaintops beyond the village. I raised the sword to my throat, and started slitting it across... But someone grabbed my hand and stopped me!