Finding Seán

Mark's POV:

It was around 11:30 and still no sign of the prince or Seán. All of the party-goers were freaking out and coming up with stupid theories about the prince's sudden disappearance. Things like "Maybe he's sick" or "Perhaps he was kidnapped by another kingdom" or the most stupid ones like "Maybe his condition spread so all of him is green now". And all his fangirls were crying and demanding to see him, guards having to keep them from going upstairs to the royal chambers.

"Ladies and gentlemen," a page announced. "I present to you, our king!" There was a bit of fanfair and everybody either bowed, cursied, or applauded. I looked around where the old kimg stood to see if the prince was with him and would finally come to his own party... no sign of him. The other folk seemed to take note of his absence as well.

One of the fangirls ran up close to where the king was and frantically asked him "Where's Prince Jack? Is he okay, your highness? Why isn't he here?!" The rest of the fangirls started screaming and calling out to the king , eventually chanting "Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack."

"Girls, girls," he said, gesturing for them to calm down. "Prince Jack is ill-prepared to make such a big decision. Why... Uh, he told me himself: How could I ever choose but one of my gorgeous fans?" He's hiding something; the prince may be a big kiss-up like his father, but he'd NEVER say that. I decided to check it out, as the girls were all aww-ing and screaming and crying over this news, I was going to sneak upstairs to investigate what's going on.

Prince Jack's POV:

That's it, I'm giving up. I'm a horrible prince and date. It was clear Father had no intentions of letting me out tonight.

"Wait, What is that?!" I pressed my ear against the looked door and listened for the very sound I'd been praying to hear for hours- footsteps! My eyes widened, heartbeat racing, I lifted myself up and began pounding my hands against the door. "Who's there?! Let me out! Please! My father locked me in here! Please, help me!"

"Seán?!"

"Wait, Mark?! Is that you?"

"Yes, what are you doing here?"

"My father locked me in my bedroom!"

"Wait, WHAT?!" My secret had to be revealed eventually.

"Yeah.... I'm sorry, Mark! I meant to tell you sooner."

"I-I knew it...... There is no 'Seán', is there? Y-You LIED to me!" These words made tears prick at my eyes.

"No, you don't understand! Seán is my REAL name! Father hid it away because it was the name my mother gave me and he wanted to rid all memory of her after her death. I never lied to you, Mark! I love you, I do, I do!" I started crying and smacked my balled fists roughly against the door.

"No you don't! You royal-folk only care about yourselves and to Hell with everyone else! You all get treated like Gods while some of us 'peasants' end up getting turned into servants and getting starved and beaten by their evil stepfather and his sons in their OWN home!" My heart cracked at this. "You don't love anyone but yourselves! You played me for a fool, and I fell for it... But it won't happen again! I'm not letting you out... You don't deserve it! And-"

"Ma-hark! Please, don't!"

"And I will never love you!" There was a slight sob in his words. What he just said, had hit me like I'd just been fired upon by a French Musket.

"M-Mark! Mark don't! No, please don't leave me here! Mark!" I was punching and beating and abusing the door while sobbing violently and screaming for him to come back. "I love you, Mark! I LOVE you! Help me, Mark! Please, don't leave! Don't leave me! I love you!" The sounds of his quickly retreating footsteps echoed through the hall. "No! Please, Mark! Don't leave, I love you! Don't leave me here! Is breá liom tú, filleadh orm! Pleeeease!" He was gone.