Chapter 9 - Annoying

[Amnesia: 5 Seconds of Summer]

Thea

That night, I was just watching a random show on television, and then my phone buzzed. It's in Parsi, and I open it to read.

Parrish.
'Hey, I didn't find you anywhere in the office. Are you okay?'

Thea
'Yeah, just my body doesn't feel well this morning. Sorry, I forgot to tell you,

Parrish
'Are you okay now?'

Thea
'I will feel better if you bring me ice cream, dough, and cookies.

Parrish
'Hah! Now I know you already, alright? Go and buy on your own, lazy ass.

Thea
'You're the lazy ass. :3'

Then I heard a knock on my door. I put my phone on the sofa and walked to the door. It reveals Parrish with a plastic bag, and I can see it's the ice cream. "No way. You didn't go and really buy it, didn't you? I was just kidding. Why are you taking that seriously, gosh?" He grins at me.

"Are you going to let me stand here and let the ice cream melt? Or you want to let me in and we can eat it together?" I smile and move aside to let him in. I close the door and go to the kitchen to get the spoon.

"You're seriously the best person I know here," I said and take one of the ice cream.

"Why only the best person you know here? Why not the best friend you've ever met?" He pouted his mouth, and I chuckled.

Nah, because I have that one back in LA. She's always been the best friend I've ever met. You can't beat her." He nodded his head, and we watched the TV show together while eating our ice cream. To be honest, if this man beside me were not gay, I would totally go for him if he asked me to go out with him. He looks like a celebrity with his sharp jaw, dirty blond hair, pink lips, and grey eyes. I continue to eat my ice cream and just laugh with Parrish over stupid things.

We just talk, laugh, and sometimes get emotional until we realise that it's already past midnight and we both have to go to work tomorrow. "It's so nice to spend my night with someone like you, a crazy and interesting girl." He said.

Well, me too, and you crazy too. So I'll see you tomorrow—not tomorrow, actually, but in a few more hours. Whatever bye." We bid our goodbyes, and then I throw the ice cream into the bin and make my way to bed after doing my nightly routine, of course. Such a long day.

*****

I groan when I hear my phone ring. "Oh gosh, who's calling me early in the morning?" I grab my phone from the nightstand and answer without looking at the caller. "What?" I ask in an angry tone.

"I think that's not the best way to greet your boss, Ms. Morris." My eyes immediately widen, and now I'm completely awake. I look at the phone and see it's an unknown number before I put it back near my ear.

"B-boss?" I ask.

"Did you hit your head somewhere hard yesterday until you forgot your boss?" Wait for his voice... Sounds familiar. It's not Mr. Gerald, but oh gosh, not again.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Sanchez, but why are you calling me so early? And also, how did you get my number?" I ask.

"Early in the morning! You better come to the office as soon as you can before I fire you!" He shouted on the phone, which makes me startled. I immediately throw my phone on the bed and run to the bathroom to take a shower. Arghhh, it's cold!" I scream, and then I brush my teeth and soap my body. I grab a towel and wipe my body before getting out.