Chapter 28 - Storm and Thunder

[In real life, eyes closed.]

Thea

Three months later.

Three weeks before my birthday. I feel so excited when I know I'm going to celebrate my birthday this year with someone special in my life. When I told Alexa and Parrish about this thing, they were both so happy about it.

In the other hand, Joseph treats me like every girl wants to be treated, but sometimes he is possessive because he thinks every guy undresses with their eyes. He's the one who always chooses my outfit when we're going out, but I don't care because he has good taste in fashion.

Right now I'm at the office and continuing to do the designs that I have to submit to Joseph before lunch. After a few minutes, I'm finally done with the three designs that I need to show him. I stand up and take the papers to go to his room. When I left my room, I saw a few people looking at me like I had just killed 1000 people in my room. What's wrong with them?

Then, one of the workers there stopped me midway. "Are you going to meet Mr. Sanchez?" She asks, and I nod my head. Oh, and another thing is that nobody knows that we're in a relationship now. Even though we often go out together, they seem not to notice that, which is good. "I think you should go later because he's in a really bad condition now. You might get fired without any reason. Really." Joseph is mad. But why? Hello, do you hear me?"

"Oh, Do you know why he's like that?" I ask.

"No one knows why."

"I have to meet him too because I have to submit these things. I guess that's fine."

"It's up to you, but if you get fired, don't blame me."

"I won't. And thanks for letting me know his condition." I smile, and we walk on our different paths. I wonder why he's not in a good mood today. Is there something disturbing him? I suddenly feel anxious, and my heart beats so fast when I'm already standing in front of his door.

Should I?

Or not?

Should I?

Or not?

I take like a few minutes to think if I have to knock or not. Even though he used to be so angry at me a few months ago, I am still scared. I take a deep breath and slowly knock on his door. Then I open the door very slowly and peek my head inside his room before completely getting in. "Why are you peeking like a thief, dear?" My heart jumped when I saw him standing near the door.

"Oh god, you're going to make me have a heart attack." I put my hand to my heart and breathe normally.

"What's wrong with you? Why do you look so scared and surprised?" He asked me while towering over me.
Well, all the workers just said that you're not in a very good mood now. That's why I feel a bit scared." I said to him:

"Are you scared of me, dear?" He moves his face near mine. I shake my head slowly. "That's good, then. I don't want you to be scared of me." Then he hugged me after kissing my head.

"You look fine, actually like nothing, but why is everyone saying that?" He kissed me.

I'm just stressed with work and nothing else." Then he kissed me again. He put his hands on my waist and pulled me closer to him. I snake my arms around his neck and play with his hair with my fingers. We break apart after kissing for the past three minutes. I think so.

"So here are the designs." I hand him the papers that are still in my hands.

"You like to ruin the mood, Thea." I grin at him.

"This is the office, Mr. Sanchez. Act like a professional, please."

"That means if we're at home, you're going to let me do anything to you? Hmm?"

"Well, it depends on what you want to do. Not all." I stutter.

He walked to his desk and put the papers on it, then walked to me again. Alright, baby, we'll see about that." He snaked his hands around my waist.

"I think I should be in my room and do my work now." I removed his hand and left his room. Oh my god, my heart felt like it wanted to explode when he said that with his husky voice. I can't control it. I walk quickly to my room and ignore people who are watching.

*****

That night.

I'm so tired. My eyes keep looking at the papers throughout the day. I might have a bad eye bag under my eyes. It's already past 10, but I still can't close my eyes, even though I'm tired. It's because of the thunder and also because it's raining so heavily outside.

I hug my knees near my chest and feel my tears coming out of my eyes. I can't be like this. I need to forget that incident and move on from it. I can't let what happened to me six years ago happen again. But the question is: how?

Just then, there was a lot of thunder, making me scream in shock. I cover my ears with my hands, and my body is shivering now. My tears were rolling down my cheeks. I don't want to remember. I don't want to remember. I don't want to remember. I close my eyes, but I can still hear the thunder.

I need someone now. Joseph.

I take my phone and dial his number while shivering. He picked up after a few rings. Hello, dear, why are you calling me? You said that you were tired."

"Jo-Joseph."

"Dear? Are you okay? Why does your voice sound like shaking, and are you crying?" He asked me.

"I-I'm s-s-scared." Was all I answered.

"What why? That doesn't matter; I'm coming now. Just stop crying." With that, he ends the call, and the tears keep coming out. I still didn't tell him about my past because I needed more time to tell him everything. People might say that I'm overreacting, but they don't feel what I've been through. It's become a really bad memory.

After a few minutes, I heard a knock on my door, and I knew that must be Joseph, so I dashed to the door and opened it. When I see him, I immediately hug him tightly. "It's fine; it's fine. I'm here. Let's go inside." We walk inside and straight to my room. "Why are you shivering and crying, dear?" He asks, but I just shake my head. "It's fine then. You can tell me tomorrow, now let's go to sleep."

He kisses my forehead, and then a few minutes later I fall asleep in his arms.

___________________________________

How's chapter 28?

Don't be shy, and tell me what you feel about this chapter!

Vote

Comment

Share

****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins