Chapter 40 - The Wedding (both point of views)

[Gryffin ft. Katie Pearlman, Nobody Compares to You]

Thea

Finally, after going through lots of problems and all, I am finally ready to be his wife. Just a few more minutes before our wedding. Now, I'm in my waiting room, and I'm standing in front of the big mirror, and of course I'm nervous. Whatever it is, yesterday was fun. Celebrating my last day before being someone's wife. We had so much fun. I hold the paper of my vows before him. I've been memorising this vow because I don't want to stop in the middle of it. I read it a few more times, and now I've already memorised it all.

I look at myself in the mirror and smile. The dress that I've been wanting since I was young is now hugging my body perfectly. "Mom, dad, I'm getting married today. I know both of you must be so happy to see me up there." I said and blinked my eyes a few times, also clearing my throat to prevent my tears from running out. I don't want to ruin my makeup.

Just then, I heard the door open and show Alexa, Brianna, Elijah's parents, and the twins. "Oh my god, you look so beautiful, Thea." Elijah's mom said it to me, and I thank her.

"If you don't mind, I'll walk with you along the aisle. I already told Joseph, and he's okay with it if you're okay too." Mr. Perkins said to me:

"I would love too." I replied, smiling at him and the others. "Thank you so much." I said it again.

"Now, let's go. It's time." Mr. Perkins said, and I took a very deep breath, began to walk, and left the room with Mr. Perkins. Now, both of us are standing in front of the door. I'm literally shaking like crazy now. The wedding song is being played, and then the doors are opened.

I look forward, and everyone who is there looks at me with a smile. I wrap my hand around Mr. Perkins and begin to walk. My eyes look at Joseph. His face looks so handsome in that suit. I can't describe his face when he looks at me.

Mr. Perkins stops after we're in front of the priest and Joseph. Joseph holds out his hand, and I take it with a smile. We look into each other's eyes and smile. "You look so beautiful today, Thea." He said that, and I smiled at him. I'm happy that he loves how I look today. We're both facing the priest, and everyone stays silent before the priest starts to speak.

"We gather here to unite these two people in marriage. Their decision to marry has not been entered into lightly, and today they publicly declare their private devotion to each other. The essence of this commitment is the acceptance of each other in entirety, as lover, companion, and friend. A good and balanced relationship is one in which neither person is overpowered nor absorbed by the other, one in which neither person is possessive of the other, and one in which both give their love freely and without jealousy. Marriage, ideally, is a sharing of responsibilities, hopes, and dreams. It takes a special effort to grow together, survive hard times, and be loving and unselfish." The priest started to say

"Now, let's give a chance to our groom and bride to say their vows to each other. Let's start with the groom." We face each other again, and he takes a breath before beginning to speak.

"I promise to spend each day working to become the truest version of myself, for you, for us, and for our family. I love you and thank the Lord for bringing you into my life. As we enter into the sacred bonds of matrimony, I promise to always love you, in sickness as in health, in poverty or wealth, in sorrow and in joy, and to be faithful to you, my wife, so long as we both shall live. I vow to love you and keep you every day of my life as my wife; to look into your eyes adoringly as I do now; and to kiss you tenderly on your lips as a remembrance of our wedding day." He said his vows, and now it's my turn to say my vows to him.

"It is clear to me now that everything in my life has led me to you. I think back on all my choices and consider even the bad ones blessed, because if I had done even one thing differently, I might never have met you and become your wife. You are my family, and I want to be there for you in all things. I am so excited to be your wife and share in every moment—not only the good times but the learning experiences too. I vow to take from every moment the opportunity to love, to nurture, and to grow—and to never forget how lucky I am." I said to him, and he smiled at me. Now for the last part, the 'I do' part. Then we're officially husband and wife.

"Joseph Sanchez, do you take Thea Morris for your lawful wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness or in health, until death do you part?"

"I do." He answered without any hesitation.

"Thea Morris, do you take Joseph Sanchez for your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness or in health, until death do you part?" The priest looked at me.

"I do," I finally said.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. May I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Sanchez? You may kiss the bride." Joseph cradles my face with his hands and leans in to kiss me. He kissed me passionately, and I smiled between the kisses. I heard everyone applaud for us.

Joseph

I can't believe I'm her husband now. The moment the priest said that I could kiss my bride, I held her face with both hands and kissed her. She smiled between the kisses, and everyone gave us big applause.

"I love you so much, my wife." I said to her, and she smiled sweetly at me. I carried her and brought her out of the church with everyone else behind us. We get in the car and head to the hotel for our wedding reception.

After a few minutes, we finally arrive at the hotel and walk out to see our friend and family already here. I didn't know how they could arrive so fast. I hold Thea's hand and walk together. "Bro, congratulations." Elijah and Parrish, come to me and hug me.

"Thank you. So soon, your daughter and son will get their new friends." I said, Look at Thea, who has been talking to Alexa, and the other woman, whom I assume are her colleagues.

We all now dance in the middle of the hall.
With Thea in my arms, I feel so happy. "How many children do you want?" I ask her, and she looks at me with a confused and red face.

"Do we have to talk about this now?"

"Of course. Well, it's fine if you don't know, but I think I'm going to need lots of children so that when we're old, they can take care of our companies."

"Our?"

"What's mine is now yours too. So yeah, our." She nodded her head, and I kissed her. "Thank you for being my best friend, my girlfriend, my fiancee, my wife, and... My interior designer." I said that and kissed her again.

My new chapter of life starts now. I will make sure I make her happy to have me as her husband. Thank you for being my first interior designer and now my wife.

The end
_____________________________________

This book is finished. I hope you guys are having a good time while reading this book. I don't know if I'm going to publish another after this or rest for a while. Whatever it is, thank you for your support in this book!

I'll publish the epilogue tonight!

Vote

Comment

Share

*****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins