Chapter 33 - Colorado

[Justin Bieber and Carly Rae Jepsen: Beautiful]

Thea

I pack my clothes and the things I do need. After I'm done, I look at the time and think I should be moving now or else I might miss my flight.

I took a cab, and now I'm on my way to the airport in my hometown. The place where I was born and used to live happily with my parents Our house is still there, and I have stayed there for the past two months.

After a few minutes, the cab drops me off in front of the airport, and I walk out with my luggage to the departure. Mom and dad, I'm going home now, and we can celebrate my 23rd birthday together as a family like we used to. When I am already on the plane, I sit down and close my eyes. I usually look out the window, but today I guess not because my seat is in the middle and this is going to be the most boring flight I've ever taken.

I just decided to close my eyes and sleep, but whenever I close my eyes, the image of Joseph appears, and I need to open my eyes. Why does it seem so hard to stop thinking about him? I hope he has a better life with anyone he chooses after this. Even though it's hard, at least I don't have to see his face for 60 days, and I think that's fine with me. Now let's empty our minds and think about something else.

*****

Finally, I'm in Orlando after 12 hours and 40 minutes in the air. I finally arrive in Denver, Colorado! It feels so good to be back here after more than 3 years since I last came here. I take a breath and walk out of the airport to find a cab to go home.
My house from the airport takes like 40 minutes to arrive. I looked out the window and realised there was so much difference now. It became more beautiful and modern. Miss, we arrive." I don't realise because I play with my phone, and when I look outside, I smile because I'm finally here. I pay for the fee and then take my luggage out.

home, where all the memories were here.

The house seems fine. I grab my luggage, then take out the keys. Of course I still have the keys; otherwise, how am I supposed to get in the house? I put the key in the key hole and unlocked it. As soon as I open the door, memories of me and my parents appear. We look so happy back there. I always hope that we can be like that now, but I also know that won't ever happen. I get in and see all the furniture covered in white.

I turn on the light so that I can see all of it more clearly. I have lots of things to do. First, do the cleaning, because this house looks so dusty. Like really. I take out my hair band from my handbag and make my hair into a high bun. I look around to see what I should do first. Then I decided to do something easy first, which was to take off the white cover that covered the furniture. It takes like 20 minutes to finish all that.

Then I search for the broom to sweep off the dust. I did all that until it was all clean, and now I'm exhausted. My waist hurt. I take my luggage to bring it upstairs and clean myself too.

****

That night.

I decided to go out to find some food because the refrigerator was empty, and besides, it was already broken because it was too old. I wear leggings with a beige hoodie, then pair them with my black Vans. I let my hair down and combed it to make it neat. Then, after I'm all done, I grab my sling bag and phone before leaving the room.

I walk downstairs and look around the house before getting out of it. It looks like I have to walk from here, then. That's fine; at least I can see the city and smell the air. When I walk, my phone rings. I take out my bag and see Alexa, who's calling me. "Hey Alexa." I greet her.

Thea, oh gosh, I'm so worried about you. Elijah told me that you're leaving. Where are you now?" She ask.

"Chill woman I'm safe, and besides, I need space; that's why I left."

"Yeah, I understand that, but where are you? At least tell me." I sigh.

"I'm at the place where I think I can forget about everything.".

"Don't tell me you're in Colorado, Thea."

"Shhhh! Don't talk too loud. Elijah might hear you, dumb ass." She's really my best friend. I can't even hide from her because she always ends up knowing everything.

Haha, I knew it. Don't worry, he's not here. He went out with your love."

"He used to. Not anymore."

"You can say that. By the way, why do you want to stay there that long? Does that mean you will celebrate your birthday alone there?"

"Yup. Don't worry, I'm fine; besides, I have my parents here. I'll visit them next week." I said to her, and I heard her sigh.

"I can't say anything then if you want that, but remember, don't do something stupid, or else I might tell Joseph to get you back from there to here."

"Alright ma'am. I will get going now. Try to get something to eat. Bye, see ya!" I ended the call and put it in my pocket. I look around and find a cafe or something to get inside and fill my empty stomach.

There are a lot of restaurants here, but I end up eating at McDonald's. I queue until my turn, and I order a double cheeseburger with fries and a chocolate sundae with coke. I pay for the food and wait for awhile until I get it.

I walk to the empty table and put the tray on it. I begin to unwrap my burger, then eat it. I'm happy now because I got my food, and it's delicious. I eat it until I finish it all, then I walk out of the store.

It's still early. I think it's not that early because it's near 11 p.m. For me, it's still early, though. I just strolled around the city and saw the buildings and all.

I think I should stay here forever because this city is so pretty. Maybe I should start a new life here, and besides, I can visit my mom and dad every day or maybe more often.

Maybe I should stay in Colorado.

____________________________________________________________________ _____

How's chapter 33?

Don't be shy, and tell me what you feel about this chapter!

Vote

Comment

Share

****

Much love from me.

Little munchkins