Nineteen

-

Diego and I took an Uber up to Cole's house. Once I got out of the car I could hear the music from outside. I recognized it as one of Diego's songs, Been Bout It.

"They love you, baby." I joke with him.

"Oh, I know." He says sarcastically and laughs. He puts his arm around my shoulders and pulls me close to him as we walk inside.

Right as we are about to the door, it swings open. Cole was standing there with a drink in his hand, his face immediately lit up.

"Yo! Xan!" He laughs and (gives that boy handshake again idk). "This is your girl that Ive been hearing all about?" He looks at me, smiling. He was drunk already.

"Yeah, this is y/n." Diego tells him as we walk in through the door.

"Damn." I hear Cole say, slightly quieter.

"Yo, shut the fuck up." Diego says and pushes him, jokingly.

We walk through the crowd of people, over to the drinks and Diego pours me one.

I see Jess out of the corner of my eye, walking up behind Diego.

"Hey, Diego! You miss me?" She yells, Diego turns around to face her.

"Um-"

She leans in close to him and starts to whisper something in his ear. Immediately, I am pissed off. I turn myself around towards her and grab her by her shoulders, pushing her back away from Diego.

"Fuck off." I tell her as I turn back around to grab my drink. I feel her staring at me, so I turn back towards her and wait for her to leave.

She rolls her eyes and walks away.

"Damn, baby girl." Diego smirks at me as he puts his hand on my ass.

"Shut up." I say jokingly and laugh at him.

We spend the rest of the night spending time with Diego's friends, mostly, and drinking. As the night got later, I was pretty hammered.

I was sitting on a counter, Diego was leaning on it right next to me. We were both fucked up, just listening to the music and watching everyone do dumb shit. About half of the people that were at the party earlier had left.

"Baby! Oh my god!" Diego turns to me, his eyes wide and he looks excited.

"What?" I giggle at him and take a sip of my drink.

"Dont think Im too crazy when I say this," He says loudly with excitement in his voice. "Let's get matching tattoos."

"Diego.." I look at him, wondering if he's serious.

Honestly, I wanted to do it. I just felt like I had to question the idea, it was kind of out there.

"Im serious! It will be fun!" He tells me.

"We haven't even been together that long! What if you decide that you hate me next month?" I joke with him and bring my drink back to my mouth again.

"Baby girl, I fucking love you." He looks in my eyes.

"I fucking love you too." I smile at him. "Lets go then."

"For real?" He yells, with a big smile on his face.

"For real. Now hurry up before I change my mind." I laugh.

...

Diego and I took an Uber to the tattoo shop. It was 12 a.m. but tons of tattoo shops in LA are open until like 5 a.m., especially on the weekend.

We were flipping through the book of pre-designed tattoos, just looking for whatever we thought would be cool.

"How 'bout that one?" I point to a design in the book.

It was just a plain, black outline of a star.

"I like it. Does that mean anything to you?" He laughs.

"Yeah," I pushed through all my drunk thoughts and tried to think of something. "There are so fucking many stars, just like there are so many people in the world. But, we have each other. My star will represent you and yours will represent me."

I immediately feel weird about going that deep. He looks at me and smiles.

"Its fucking corny, I know." I say to him.

"I like it, baby girl." He tells me.

I decided to get mine on my wrist, Diego did too. Diego went first, he didn't seem to even feel it. Then I went, the initial feeling of it kinda shocked me. But it didn't hurt too bad. 

I never got a tattoo before. I never had a reason to before. But, I was happy that I decided to now.

 But, I was happy that I decided to now

"I love it." Diego says to me, smiling at his tattoo.

It was kind of corny and simple, but it was for him. That's why I liked it so much.

-

A/N: i am HIGH as fuck writing this so idk if there are a lot of mistakes, lol my b 🙃