Twenty Seven

-

I wake up, next to Diego. He's still sound asleep.

I give myself a few minutes to wake up and check my phone.

"Babe," I whisper and gently touch his shoulder. "Its 9, do you wanna get up?"

He just groans at me and rolls over, facing his back towards me.

"Alright," I say under my breath and pull myself out of the covers. "Im leaving for work, I have a shoot this morning. Ill be home around 5."

He just groans again. I roll my eyes and continue to get dressed.

I couldn't help but wonder why he was so tired, and why this didn't happen when he came back from Chicago.

...

I walk in the door look around the apartment, Diego still isn't up?

"Diego?" I yell. I walk into the bedroom and there he is, laying in bed still in a deep sleep.

"Diego." I say, hoping to wake him up. He doesn't budge. "Diego." I say again, this time pulling the sheets off him.

"Wha." He mumbles and starts to open his eyes.

"Its 5:30, if you dont get up you're never gonna sleep again." I joke with him and laugh.

He's unamused.

"Come to the kitchen to eat something." I say.

"Nah, stop trying to boss me the fuck around." He snaps and sits up in bed, rubbing his eyes.

"Okay fine, you're on your own tonight." I snap back at him, finally having enough of his shit.

I reach for my phone to text my friends.

Me:
dinner tonight?

Stella:
hell yea
i miss you bitch

Cleo:
yes!!

Kiara:
😛😛

I look at Diego, his face looks concerned.

"Im going out to dinner." I say as I put my shoes back on.

"What? Why?" He looks at me and scrunches his eyebrows.

"Because."

"Don't be fucking dumb. Answer me." He says, his voice getting louder and filling with anger.

"Ill be straight up with you when you decide that you wanna grow the fuck up and tell me what's wrong." I tell him.

"I don know what you're talking about. Im just jet lagged. You're the one being childish for not understanding that." He stands up from the bed.

"Does jet lag force you to treat your girlfriend like a piece of shit?" I raise my eyebrows, interested to see his answer.

"Bullshit." He throws his hands up. "I haven't been doing that."

"Mhmm." I nod at him, sarcastically. "Well, you didn't want me to boss you the fuck around about gettin' your ass to eat. So, like i told you, you're on your own tonight. Ill see ya later, Diego." I quickly shut the door behind me.

"Bitch." I hear him say from inside the room.

Rage falls over me, but I resist going back into the room and screaming at him.

I sigh and make my way out of the apartment, hoping that he'll be done acting like a twat by the time I get back.

-

"They say [xans] make me evil."
- Diego Leanos