Twenty Three

finally a real chapter :))

-

I wake up to Diego's phone ringing on the side table. I groan, wanting him to wake up and turn it off. He wasn't budging.

"Baaaaby." I say a little louder and he finally wakes up to his ringtone.

He rolls over and sits up, grabbing his phone. I start to drift back asleep already without the noise of his phone.

"Its fucking early, bro." I hear him groan through my sleep. "Fine, whats up?
Sounds cool.
What's it called?
Just one weekend?"

I wake up a little more, because I know what it sounds like. He's going away again.

"Nah,
I can make it.
For real this time, bro.
Well I won't fuck up this time.
Yea.
Ight, Ill talk to ya later." Diego hangs up the phone. I roll over to look at him.

"Leaving again?" I ask, still half asleep.

"That was Cole. There's a festival in New York this weekend. I guess they need people to perform and they want me and Steven to." Diego tells me, realizing the worried look on my face. "Baby girl, Ill only be gone for like four days."

"Im not worried about how long you'll be gone. Im worried about what's gonna happen while your down there."

"What do you mean?" He scrunches his eyebrows.

"I don't know. Im worried from what happened last time." I tell him. He sighs and lets out a long exhale.

"It will be fine." He tells me, his voice irritated. 

"You said that last time." I say under my breath.

"Are you deadass right now? You cant trust me?" He asks, his voice starting to raise.

"Please explain to me how I am supposed to trust you." I get out of the bed and start to put on sweatpants.

"What is that supposed-"

"Last time you went away, you had bitches grinding on you in the club and then you were sucking your ex's face." I snap at him.

"For real? I fucked up, I thought that you were over that shit."

"I am over it. That doesn't mean that I trust you not to do anything fucking dumb down there."

"And why not?"

"BECAUSE YOU HAVE FUCKED UP EVERY CHANCE I HAVE GIVEN YOU THAT INVOLVES MY TRUST." Diego's looks shocked at me yelling at him.

"The only reason that I kissed Jess back is because you were trippin' over some dumb shit. What the fuck did you expect?" He says, looking down at the ground.

I immediately become enraged. I could have punched a whole in the wall in the moment.

"Baby-"

"Do not fucking call me that right now." I snap at him.

"Okay Im sorry. It just doesn't feel great to know that my girlfriend doesn't trust me."

"Oh Diego, you're so right. I just feel so bad, Its not like there's a reason for me to not trust you. Oh maybe it's THAT YOU WERE GRINDING ON GIRLS AND KISSING YOUR EX IN CHICAGO." I say sarcastically. Diego stands up and walks over to the closet. He pulls out a hoodie and jeans. "Your just not gonna say anything?" I ask.

He quickly puts on the hoodie and pulls his jeans over his boxers that he slept in.

"Nah. Im going to Cole's." He says, emotionless. He pulls a beanie off the floor and pulls it over his curly hair.

"Fine." I mumble. I feel sad instead of angry right as he shuts the door behind him. I feel a lump in my throat and my eyes start to sting. I drop back onto the bed and pull the covers over me.

-