one

The only thing she hopes the reaping brings is her death, not another little girl's. This female lives alone and has since she was twelve. Fifteen now and not many words slip past her lips.

Staring into the woods, her eyes spot the two others again, like always for too many years. She sits up against a rock, nimble fingers moving a small blade between them. A white and red hare is in her other hand, its blood lacing itself with her fingers like a braid. As she stands, her back cracks loudly, forcing a faint groan past her lips, before walking home.

Yanking the door to her shack, it's forced open, the female letting it shut behind her. Her fingers move elegantly, as she guts the rabbit violently, hands turning dark with blood. She places it in the pan, not hungry enough to eat it yet. If she isn't picked, she can eat it as soon the reaping is over. If she is picked, it'll burn down everything she has, as she'll die in the arena.

She washes her body quickly, before changing into her nicest long sleeve shirt and pants she has. No dress, only her eldest brother's clothing. A moment passes before she forces the thought from her head, buttoning her shirt and tucking it in her pants.

The pitter patter of the girl's feet is heard as she moves in front of her mirror. It shows the image of a girl: one confused and curious about how she could die in the games. Her shirt and pants too big, only being held up by the belt around her waist, not showing the little curves she has.

A faint sigh leaves her, before the bell rings out.