two

y'all looking back she's in the wrong section, as she's technically supposed to be with the older girls. however, just go with it and ignore the plot hole. also, she's SIXTEEN, so please don't lose your shit over some the chapters coming up

Walking with the others, the girl gets her blood taken. She jolts faintly before walking with other girls, moving side by side with them.

As she looks to her side, her eyes land on a little blond girl with glassy eyes staring ahead; her shirt is tucked into her skirt except for the back, making her look like she has a ducktail.

The blond jumps as her hand is grabbed, her eyes following the hand to its owner. The female lets a moment pass before leaning over and whispering, " If you get picked, I'll go for you," before standing up straight. The small girl gives a look of shock, before responding with a wavering smile, squeezing her hand.

A woman, looking finely dressed in Capitol standards, walks to the microphone. Fake joy seeps through her voice before picking a piece of paper from a circle, it flooding with all of District 12's females. With the female's name in their over fourteen times overall and this little girl probably once, the lady picks up that small piece of paper before walking back to the microphone.

Opening it up, she says the name, " Primrose Everdeen." The little girl's hand tightens around the elder's, her face becoming pale before looking up at the elder. The female slowly drops her head, allowing her hand to raise itself.

People around stiffen as the lady speaks again. " Oh, I believe we have a volunteer, Mr. Mayor." She walks past the people, all the emotion she believed she had drained out when they took her blood. The bodyguards follow behind her until she walks up the steps, standing beside the lady. " What's your name?"

The girl lets out a sigh, shaking her head faintly. Staring at her, the lady of the Capitol gives an annoyed look before creating a fake smile, going over to the bowl filled with the boy's names. She calls a name through the microphone, making one with a cocky look walk towards the two.