six

Laying down after being washed, waxed and shaved was not what the District 12 female was expecting. Though having been in painful situations this somehow-- waxing-- beats it all. The group of people who did all this never cared for her opinion nor cared that she heard everything they spoke about her, since they were in front of her while doing so.

" Hello, my name is Cinna." The girl strains her neck, seeing a dark man walk in. His clothing is darker than his skin, with bright colors on his eyelids and lips. The girl sits up, nodding her head in a greeting. " I'm sorry this happened to you Ace. I'm here to help you in any way that I can. And my way of doing that is by getting you sponsors." Cinna gives a smile but she stays quiet, looking around the room to distract herself.

His soft hand wraps around her calloused one, forcing her eyes to look at him. " I believe you have more power than you think is inside of you. We just need others to see that as well. Okay?" Slowly her head nods slowly, making him grow a smile. " Tonight is the tribute parade, where we show off your district through our clothing, trying to get you sponsors for the game. I'm here, to help make an impression."

" We're coal miners," she answers quietly.

" Yeah but not this year. I'm not dressing you guys as coal miners like the rest." She can only raise an eyebrow with curiosity. " What do you guys do?"

" Mine coal."

" And what is coal used for?" Her face stays still a moment before her mouth contorts into an 'o' shape in understanding. The man gives a small yet toothy smile, making Jace give a barely noticeable smile of her own.