one

One thing Jace has heard constantly was that when you go to the arena, all your fears build up, making people do crazy things. One tribute from Twelve jumped off the platform, not wanting to deal with the games.

However, another thing she had heard was you lose all feeling from the fear making your body go numb.

Jace can't feel anything, but she doesn't believe it's from fear. She never understood her emotions, but she knows that she feels her heart sink and her palms when she's supposed to be afraid. But her heart beats normally, her hands still calloused and rough. Maybe she's just feeling normal, without any thoughts this is how she feels.

" How are you feeling, Ace?"

" Numb."

" That's better than feeling fear," Cinna responds, zipping up her jacket. Silence emits, neither knowing what to say for a moment. " I'm not allowed to bet, but if I could, I'd bet on you."

" I'm not coming back." She looks at him, zero doubt in her eyes.

" And I feel like you will. You have a future ahead of you."

" As does everyone else as soon as they take their first breath," she states, a sigh following afterward. " The only difference is that some's futures are a little bit closer."

" I will still wish you the best of luck," Cinna speaks, grabbing her calloused hands in his soft ones. " I hope I will see you in person again, and not on a screen."

" We'll see." She pulls away slowly, turning around to walk to her demise.

Blind Hope | cato hadley ✅On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara