four

" You killed that girl without a thought," Rue speaks, digging through her bag as she sits atop a rotting log. Ace takes a moment to respond, stopping her movements and turning her head towards the girl.

" It was you or her," Ace responds quietly, continuing to dig through one of the two bags in front of her, the machete she stole beside her. She stops for a moment, noticing blood on her clothing. She tries to wipe the thing off, only to shrug it off soon after.

" You don't have anyone at home you'd want to see?" Rue wonders, her hand feeling a few things at the bottom of her bag.

" I burned my 'home' down before I went to the reaping," she shrugs, pulling her hand from the bag swiftly. She sucks on her finger lightly, her free hand cautiously going through the bag. She pulls a small blade from the backpack. It's barely the length of her pointer finger. She looks to her left, seeing Rue has a slingshot in her hand. " Seems these bags were made for us," Ace states, pulling out a pair of sunglasses. She can only raise a brow, not sure how they could be used.

" It's to see in the dark," Rue explains, pointing at the item. " If you use them during the day, you're just blinding yourself on purpose."

" Ah," Jace mumbles, placing that and the rest of her items in the bag. She then takes out everything from her second bag, and places it the first bag as well. However, Jace places the small blade in her pocket, thinking she could use it for emergencies.

" So, what would you like for dinner?"