three

" Can you just go and let me rot?"

" Why would I do that?"

" Because I don't want to go back to my District." Cato turns his head, raising a brow at the girl beside him. " Before I left, I burnt down what is supposedly called 'home'. I just want to die without a trace and go see my brother again," Jace sighs, letting her head hit the rock wall behind her.

" Maybe I could bring you with me to Two," Cato thinks aloud, staring at the pouring rain again. It doesn't seem to have stopped these past three days.

" If you want your family killed, sure you could bring me."

" The Capitol wouldn't do that-"

" Then why is it as common as starvation in my district?" Jace questions, sitting up a bit straighter.

" Oh." Tension grows between the two, both seemingly afraid to speak.

" You may be wise with weapons, Cato, but you still have a lot to learn to about reality."

" And you don't?" he scoffs jokingly, moving so he sits in front of Ace.

" Oh, and what is it you need to teach me?" she wonders, a devious smirk growing on her lips.

" Let me show you," he grins, leaning in close to the girl. His lips ghosted over hers once more, feeling the air escape past her teeth as she chuckles lightly.

" We have so many problems," she laughs.

" Don't we all?" And with that, he leans in close, his lips softly being placed on hers.

Jace has always heard she's supposed to feel like fireworks inside. However, she still feels numb, but does have a feeling relief inside her, which is enough.