;nine

"There aren't any groceries!" Kihyun yells through the dorm.

He was going to start on dinner one day, but once he opened the fridge, the only things there were were sandwich fillings, not that many, leftover rice and spinach.

He didn't know what to make with those; he didn't know if you could even make anything with those.

"And?"

Kihyun turns around when he hears the voice, his eyes landing on Hoseok.

"Well, we need dinner," Kihyun sighs, not knowing why he needed to explain that in the first place.

"What do you mean? Look at this! C'mon Ki, I'll help you make some sandwiches," Hoseok encourages, rolling up his sleeves.

Kihyun sighs once again.

"When can we visit the grocery store? We need more food," the younger says, nonetheless getting everything out of the fridge because they needed dinner too.

"We'll go tomorrow, after this the fridge is empty," Hoseok shrugs, getting the packet of bread. "Alright lets do this!"

——

"Are you kidding me," Kihyun groans, counting once again to make sure he hadn't been miscounting the last twenty times he's counted. "Twelve." He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

By this time, Hoseok was busy setting the table and gathering everyone to eat, Kihyun said he could handle the last few parts on his own.

But as he was cutting and placing the sandwiches in the plate, he realized that there're only twelve.

Each member would get two, which meant that there should be fourteen sandwiches.

Kihyun knew they should've went to the grocery store before he started to make anything.

Sighing, he decides that he'll still survive if he ate some snacks as his dinner. After all, he was the smallest member.

Quickly stuffing his face with some of Jooheon's oatmeal crackers, and downing a tall glass of milk, Kihyun places the platter of sandwiches on the table.

"Twelve? Did you already eat without us?" Changkyun scowls, and Kihyun nods with a smirk.

"I was too hungry."

He's not really lying, he was hungry and he did eat without them, just... He didn't eat sandwiches.

"Once again, you always manage to put something on the table," Minhyuk praises, grabbing his four pieces and piling them on his plate.

"Hoseok hyung helped as well," Kihyun adds.

"Good job, to the both of you," Hyunwoo says before grabbing his own plate. "You sure you ate?" He asks Kihyun, for assurance.

"Positive."

Believe me, Kihyun doesn't like lying in a relationship, but this one wouldn't affect them; it didn't matter.

"Thank you for the food jagi," Hyunwoo thanks in the younger's ear, kissing the shell right after.

Shivers ran down Kihyun's spine, in a good way, before he blushes a light shade of pink and replies.

"No problem."

Although; silly little Kihyun forgot one piece of important information.

Stupid security cameras in the kitchen and living room.

Because ever since that one time Changkyun and Jooheon completely destroyed the dorm and no one knew how, cameras were installed where it was appropriate.

The next morning, when Kihyun and Hyungwon come back into the dorm with their manager, all of them carrying full grocery bags, Kihyun felt his stomach drop when their manager outed him.

"Kihyun-ah, why didn't you eat yesterday? You didn't have dinner."

At this, everyone stopped what they were doing to skeptically look at Kihyun and their manager, and all the mother figure of the group wanted was for the ground to swallow him whole.

"Hyung, Kihyun hyung ate last night," Changkyun says, furrowing his eyebrows, because his Kihyun hyung wouldn't lie like that to him, right?

"He did not. I went through the footage of last night and Kihyun didn't eat. Well, all he had was oatmeal crackers and milk."

Kihyun squeezes his eyes shut and bites the inside of his cheek; because his members weren't supposed to find out.

"Kihyun-ah?"

Kihyun hates the sound of disappointment in his boyfriend's voice as he calls his name.

Reluctantly, he turns round to face Hyunwoo, who had his arms crossed over his chest and eyebrows furrowed.

"Tell us the truth please," the leader asks.

Kihyun sighs.

"There wasn't enough food last night to feed everyone, so I just didn't eat a sandwich. I had some crackers and milk and that satisfied me. And I don't even need to eat that much, I'm small," Kihyun explains, literally feeling small because everyone's staring at him with disapproving looks.

"Hyung," Jooheon starts, scoffing a bit before continuing. "Hyung, we all know that food isn't a problem. We could've all shared," he says, sounding sincere, but Kihyun knows that he's not happy with the situation.

"You didn't have to do that," Minhyuk says softly, feeling awful because he should've done something to prevent Kihyun from not eating.

"Any of us could've gone without eating, why didn't you say-"

But Kihyun cuts Hyunwoo off.

"Because I didn't want anyone else to! You all need to eat, you're all grown men and need-"

"So are you Kihyun-ah," their manager cuts in. "I better not see that happening again. See all this? Whenever, and I mean whenever it runs out, give me a call and we'll go grocery shopping. I'm anticipating your call." He says, pointing to the grocery bags.

And with that, their manager leaves, leaving Kihyun in an awkward situation.

"Don't do that again. We also could've ordered takeout if there wasn't enough food," Hoseok says, sounding very stern.

"Yes hyung," Kihyun mumbles, keeping his gaze on the floor.

"What you did was selfless, but it better not happen again. Makes you seem like a mother sacrificing," Hyungwon scoffs, a light smile grazing over his lips because that description fits Kihyun so well.

"Yeah, just like a mother putting her kids before herself," Hyunwoo chuckles, and just like that, the atmosphere went from tense to light.

"Stop calling me a mom. I'm a boy," Kihyun grumbles, maneuvering around everyone to his room.

"It's a joke hyung~" Jooheon laughs. 

It's a joke.

It's always a joke.

__________

next chapter is drama i promise