;ten

Yoo Kihyun is a level headed person.

Believe him, he is.

He appreciates things in life and handles situations the way they should be handled.

He takes care of his friends sometimes when they needed help, and he has a boyfriend who takes care of him in return.

In all honesty, Kihyun's contented with his life, he really doesn't have anything to complain about; he's thriving.

His group is doing well, they're making their dreams come true and they're successful.

But there's one thing he'd change.

Just one though. He's happy with everything else; but just one thing could change in order to make him the happiest man alive.

Kihyun wasn't a mom.

Now, don't get ahead of yourself, because honestly Kihyun's honest opinion is, "fuck gender roles". He doesn't care at all, he's crossdressed before; he hadn't had a problem with it. Heck, he freaking loved his pink hair.

But... He wasn't a mom.

And what's annoying him is that his members weren't stopping.

Respecting someone meant understanding their wishes and abiding to them.

Kihyun's wishes were for them to stop calling him 'eomma'.

A joke they said. They always say it's a joke, that Kihyun shouldn't take it seriously, but really?

He remembers the time a bit after their debut days, when they'd joke around with Changkyun, threatening to leaving him alone in some places to see if he was scared to be alone.

At the time, what they didn't know was that Changkyun really was scared of being alone, and all they had done by threatening him jokingly was remind him of their debut days, when he felt so isolated from his hyungs.

Since then, they hadn't messed with Changkyun like that.

Kihyun doesn't feel like his situation was any different.

He asked them to stop nicely, and sometimes not so nicely, doesn't that mean they should?

Does he have to give an in-depth reasoning? Because if he does that seems like he isn't respected enough as a person by his band mates.

Truth be told, Kihyun doesn't want to give them an in depth reasoning. Not just because he felt like he shouldn't need to, but because he didn't want to.

He didn't want to talk to them about why, but for you, he'll clear the confusion up a bit.

When Kihyun was growing up, ages 9-17, he learned a lot about his family.

He learned that his older brother passed away from cancer when he was only two years old, which explains why he didn't remember anything, he learned that his father made more money than his mom, and he also learned that his parents were people he'd never aspire to be.

Parents... Parents are a lot of things.

They're like stepping stones when you're growing up, they're supposed to guide you and steer you in the right direction.

Kihyun's parents... Kihyun's parents were an exception.

Not saying that he was the only one, God no, many unfortunate kids suffer from incompetent parents, but at the moment during his adolescence, he felt so alone.

His father, like him, is a reasonable person, yes he is. Kihyun assumes that's where he gets it from.

Kihyun's mother... Well, a lot could be said about her.