2

You yawned, resting your head in your crossed arms on the table in the dining hall. You let your eyes close, even though you had no intent on sleeping. It had been almost an hour since your encounter with Kokichi, and your big introduction with all of the other 16 students. Wandering around the entire place wore you out a lot. It really is big, this place. Even though you'd probably get used to the cage, you knew that it would always feel humongous to you.

Ding dong! Bing bong!

...Eh? Opening your eyes, you looked up at where the noise came from: the monitor set. While exploring earlier, you had found that there was one in every room, and plenty were placed outside as well. The monitor turned on, displaying five differently colored bears. One was pink, named Monophanie, another blue, Monokid, a green one, Monodam, a yellow one, Monosuke, and finally there was a red one named Monotaro. At first, it was hard for you to keep track of all their names, but you eventually grew on.

"Hiii! Thanks for bear-ing with us!" Monophanie started off. Monodam stayed silent, like always.

"Kept you b*stards waiting, huh!?" Monokid added.

"Everyone, make your way to the gym please," Monotaro announced.

"The opening ceremony can finally begin!" the blue bear exclaimed. Opening ceremony?

"Phew, all of our preparations are done," the red bear said, sounding tired. All together, the monokubs left with their signature "So long, bear well!"

"..." You just stared at the now dark screen. "Something's up," you muttered under your breath with a serious tone. Hesitantly, you stood up, backed out of your chair, and started walking toward the gym. It took you a while, but thankfully you partially remembered its location from earlier in the day.

You sighed as you opened up the door. Everyone else was already there. Walking in, almost everyone brought their eyes to you for a moment. It made you feel weird, alien-like. You straightened your lip, slightly biting the inside of it to keep it in place. You decided to go stand in the corner, relatively far from the others. Instead of conversing, you listened.

"It's pretty spectacular seeing seventeen ultimates all gathered in one place," Kaito spoke out.

You saw Himiko make a nervous look. "Nyeeeh... what's going to happen to us? I bet it's going to be a big pain..." Yet, still, she somehow managed to seem lazy all the same time.

"Himiko! You can use your amazing powers and stuff, right!? You're... a psychic, right? Surely we'll be safe because of you!" Tenko praised.

"I'm a mage," Himiko responded annoyed, tugging down on her hat so her eyes weren't as visible. They kept on talking about her powers and Neo-Aikido. You rolled your eyes at the conversation they were having. Ugh, their babble is just useless nonsense... and Tenko, it's pretty obvious that you've quickly became a fan of Himiko. I'd go as far to say that you like herso I don't know why you keep stalling. Suddenly, you felt as of someone was looking at you.

You turned your head around and scanned the area. Your eyes finally landed on Kokichi. Due to the distance between the two of you, it was pretty hard for you to see what expression he had. It almost looked like... wonder? Then again, it could have just been your eyes playing tricks on you. Once he saw you looking back, his face changed to an expression that seemed nervous almost. As if he wasn't expecting you to return the gaze. It was hard to keep your eyes locked onto his from the incident that had happened when you first met him, but you still stayed determined and managed to pull it off. Kokichi quickly regained his composure and gave you a smile, along with a little wave. ...He's faking it. You just knew it, somehow.