30

"Good morning, everyone," Shuichi said as he entered the room.

You lazily waved at him, continuing to blankly stare down at the untouched food on your plate.

"Ah...yeah. Good morning." Tsumugi looked down at the floor.

"Good...morning..." Kiibo slowly spoke.

Miu only sighed. Even she was in a bad mood.

"What's wrong, bro!?" Kaito suddenly spoke out. "You're not gonna eat!?"

You mentally sighed. How can he be so optimistic in a situation like this? I'm not sure if I feel jealous, or if he's just being stupid...

"If no one eats, then I'll have Gonta eat you all!" Kokichi joked. He casually sat down beside you, turning to you. "That includes you." He bopped your nose, but to his dismay, it didn't really cause much of a reaction like he'd been hoping for.

"...Sure, go ahead..." you mumbled. Your mind was fuzzy, and you weren't quite sure if you felt good enough to put in effort to think.

Kokichi huffed. "Oh come on, you're acting so dead and mindless! We already have Kiiboy...!" He hoped that you would chuckle, but...

"..."

You felt bad that you weren't really talking to him. Part of you was screaming, asking what was wrong with you for not interacting with one of the only people who decided to keep coming back to you; someone who had the patience to deal with you. But the other part... It asked, 'What's the point?' You felt like you were going to die, anyway. If not by someone else's hands, then...

"How lazy. He's being kind in trying to talk to a loner like you, but you... Hah! You make me want to laugh! You just leave him there hanging? Oh-hoho! Just wait until you need help, *then* you'll try to speak with him, but at that point he'll know that you're not worth wasting the extra breath—!!"

"Heeey!" Himiko shouted. "You guys have no energy! You need to look alive! You're all still teenagers!"

"H-Himiko?" Shuichi stuttered in confusion.

"Your 'good mornings' are too quiet! It's 'cause you're so quiet that you feel down!"

Miu sighed even louder, but it didn't seem like it was out of a bad mood... At least, that's what you thought.

"I didn't mean you should sigh louder!" Himiko said, frustrated.

"...Weird," Maki spoke up for the first time that morning. "I thought you'd be the most depressed out of all of us."

"Of course...I'm depressed. This is the most depression I've been in all my 200 million years. But...being depressed won't help those who died rest in peace... Tenko and Angie, too. If I stay depressed, they won't be able to rest in peace, either." The redhead jumped up enthusiastically. "So in order to make their deaths have meaning, I've decided to live my life with positivity! S-So anyway... Please...t-take care of the...new me..."

"You're out of breath already," Kaito sighed, rubbing his head. "You're going full speed right out of the gate!"

"But it's just like Himiko said." Tsumugi smiled brightly. "Those of us left need to look to the future and live. For all the others' sake."

"Yeah!" Kokichi chirped. Let's cheer up and work hard! This game is just getting started!" Stars were in his eyes... It made you smile just the smallest bit.

"Game?" Shuichi repeated.

"Huh? Isn't that what we were talking about? Ughhh...but now that there's less people, I might...be the next victim... Woooow, so exciting! But I definitely don't wanna die! Well, I guess that's the same for everyone else! Ah-hahaha!"