Extra (Halloween Special)

((howdidiforgetthis—This is an extra chapter to celebrate (late) Halloween. You don't need to read this chapter in order to understand the main plot. Also, everyone is alive in this.))

You were just walking around outside when you saw a nearby monitor turn on by itself. You walked closer to see Monokuma appear on the screen. Oh no... Did a murder actually happen...?

"Puhuhu... A body has been discovered! Everyone, please gather at the gym!"

Confused an anxious, you ran inside to get to the gym. Some of the other students, Kaito, Tenko, and Kirumi, were running as well until approaching the door. With a shaky hand, you pulled the door open and ran inside with the others following you.

"What."

In the center of the room was Monotaro with what seemed like blood on top of his head. Beside him was Monophanie crying over his motionless body. "Monotaro..." she cried, "who did this to you...?" The other Monokubs were at the pink bear's side comforting her.

Kaito breathed heavily. He must have ran quite the distance. "What is this? Is this some kind of joke?" he panted, his frustration only growing.

"I don't know, but I bet some degenerate teamed up with Monokuma and set this up as some twisted prank!" Tenko yelled.

"I find that highly unlikely," Kirumi spoke. "I doubt that Monokuma would agree to something so harmless."

"I hate that bear so much," you growled.

The gym doors burst open, the other students flooding in soon enough.

"Is everyone alright?" Kaede called out as she entered. "What happened here?"

Korekiyo calmly stepped forward, looking at the Monokubs in the center. "Oh my... Is this what we were called in for? To see such a childish scene?"

Shuichi put a hand over his heart. "I thought someone had actually died," he said with a relieved sigh.

"S-Same," Gonta stuttered, "but Gonta is glad that everyone safe!"

You were too busy scowling at the Monokubs to notice a certain boy running towards you.

"Oh, thank goodness you didn't die!" With that, a pair of arms wrapped themselves loosely around your neck. "I'm not sure what I'd do without youuu!"

"You'd survive," you sighed. "But, I guess it's nice to see that you didn't die, either. It's nice to see that no one died at all... Not yet, at least."

"Yeah, but does anyone know why we were called here in the first place?" Kokichi asked.

"I do!" a shrill voice exclaimed. Monokuma cheerfully bounced to the center of the gym. "Hi, how are y'all?"

"Not cool!" Kaito barked. "We all thought that there was an actual murder!"

Monokuma tilted his head. "What? Of course there hasn't been an actual murder yet. I don't see why you're all being so paranoid like that."

"This isn't funny, Monokuma...!" Kaede groaned. "We're in a killing game, of course we're going to be paranoid!"

Monotaro perked up from his position on the gym floor. "So wait, I'm not dead?"

"Monotaro!" Monophanie cheered. "You're okay!"

You just stared at them for a second before asking, "Can you explain why we're even here?"

"Are you planning on giving us a motive to kill?" Rantaro asked.

"No, no! I'm being honest here!" the black and white bear answered. "I can't believe that you all would think that I would do such a thing. Anyway, that doesn't matter! You see, I called you all over here for a different reason."