19

"...Is everyone ready?"

"Not like we have choice, right?"

"Kehehe... You are quick to understand. It's as though Monokuma has you trained."

"We've got nothin' to worry about. Right, a**holes? We'll figure out the culprit, won't we?"

"Of course we don't need to worry. The top suspect is super obvious this time... Riiiight, Himiko?"

"..."

You stopped listening to everyone at that point. The world around felt...still. Just a little more dead than it was before—but then again, three people had died, and more death was the only thing approaching. You sighed, only imagining what everyone could be feeling at the moment. You had your scarf back on, as ridiculous as it may seem. Your wrist was tapped to remind you that your 'guide' figure was still there. And with a few more moments that had passed with only a few murmurs hear and there, you heard the sounds of the elevator being revealed and then footsteps.

"Come on...let's go," he mumbled to you. With your head facing the floor, he grabbed you by the hand and led you into the elevator. It was absolutely silent except for everyone's breathing. Your legs starting shaking, but perhaps that was just because of the elevator's movement. Then it stopped, and everyone walked out into the courtroom.

"Welcome!" Monokuma greeted. "You've hopelessly arrived once again! Hm? Did you wanna come here again 'cause of how wonderful it is? Isn't it wonderful? I put so much effort into building this place, it should be a monument."

"Actually, we're the ones who used the Exisals to build this courtroom... But Father just took all the credit!"

"You put a lot of elaborate detail into this courtroom," Kokichi piped up. "Almost like it's for a show."

"For show, huh? That's an interesting way to put it."

"Is this just for show?" Kirumi asked. "Are you showing this to the people outside and—"

"Puhuhu. Those people aren't with us, so you don't need to worry about them. Get it? They're not with us. As in, they're no longer with us, y'know what I mean? In other words...you fourteen are the only ones left in the world. Now, show me just how you intend to bargain for your lives! Ah-hahahahaha!"

 Now, show me just how you intend to bargain for your lives! Ah-hahahahaha!"

Everyone made their way to their own respective podiums.

"Ahem! Now then, let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial! During the trial you'll present your arguments for who the culprit is, and vote for 'whodunnit'. Vote correct;y and only the blackened will be punished. But if you pick the wrong person...I'll punish everyone besides the blackened, and that person will graduate from this academy! Also, refusing to vote will result in your death, so you better vote for someone! Now, let's get this crazy, awesome, crazy-awesome trial underway!"