4

"C-Come on, guys!" Kaede ushered the group. She had been the last to wake up out of everyone. "I..I'm sure if we try just one more time w-we'll have better luck! After all, now we have (Y/N) and Shuichi." She motioned over to you two. "We'll be stronger..! And our chances of making it will probably increase!" Shuichi covered his eyes by sliding his hat farther down his head.

"But... Kaede... I'm so... tired," Tsumugi sighed.

"Besides," Rantaro spoke up, face growing dark and a bit unnerving. "If we went through again with them having joined, we'd only be dragging them into our pain and despair." You watched as Kaede's expression grew desperate.

"Guys..." she whispered, barely loud enough to hear.

"I am sorry, but going through the tunnel again is a request that I cannot fulfill at this time," Kirumi interjected with a tired look on her face. Her expression showed disappointment, but it was towards herself that she couldn't do anything to help.

"Guys," Kaede repeated, louder this time. "Let's try to make it through again, I have a feeling. This time, we'll—"

"...Knock it off already." You turned your head a bit, just to see a certain purple-haired male speaking up with his eyes covered in shadow.

"Huh?" the Ultimate Pianist mumbled softly.

"You're free to keep trying on your own, but forcing us to join you is basically torture." Kokichi had an eye closed, giving Kaede a look that gave the impression he was weak and tired. Though you knew he was probably over exaggerating, you couldn't help but to feel sympathy for the short teen give a sharp pang in your heart. "You know what really hurts?" he went on. "Being denied the rights to give up an impossible situation..." Resent spread across his face. "You won't let us give up and no matter what we say, you have the moral high ground..."

You looked up at Kaede, noticing nervousness manifesting in beads of sweat that formed on her forehead. She intently listened to the next thing the boy had to say.

"That... doesn't sound like torture to you?" Tears had formed in the Ultimate Supreme Leader's eyes, clouding up the mysterious purple orbs. "When you say we can't give up, you're not inspiring us—you're strong-arming us!" The droplets of water slowly leaked out and started making their trail down his face.

"I-I'm sorry Kokichi, I didn't mean it like that," Kaede said.

"Hey, you degenerate," Tenko started, speaking towards Kokichi, "quit being so selfish!"

"I-I'm not being selfish," Kokichi was quick to defend himself. "The others feel the same way, too..." You looked towards Maki, Kiibo, Himiko, Korekiyo, Miu, Tsumugi, and Angie; almost all had either a tired or disgruntled look on their face.

"P-Please, wait! We...no can give up!" Gonta said.

"We shouldn't have to push ourselves." Kokichi went back to his old mischievous demeanor just like that. Putting a finger up to his mouth he added, "Let's just find another way out, okay?"

"You're talking about the killing game, aren't you?" Rantaro asked cooly.

"Oh, so you're gonna interpret it like that, huh?"

"Wh-What are you saying!? There's no way we can do the killing game!" Tenko shouted.

"Nishishi~! ...Calm down. Want some bubble gum?! You can blow some pretty big bubbles with it."

"Oh-hoho. Looks like this little degenerate wants his head smashed into the ground," Tenko muttered bitterly to herself, even though everyone could hear.

"S-Stop, guys," Shuichi said, "we shouldn't be fighting..."

"Geez. We fell apart pretty quickly for a group who decided to be friends and work together," Ryoma deadpanned with his back facing most of the other students. Kaede opened her mouth like she was about to say something until...