Chapter 14: "Two is our limit."

Gabby.

"So were you scolded?"

"I am to stay away from you... or else. It didn't help that you skipped school to come over here." Jax sighs into the phone as I rearrange my bookshelf.

I pause. "Jax what could he do to you?"

"Lots of things Books. He could ask my parents about Court's party and find out that I was the supervision. I'd go back to jail. He told me to stay away from you and found me with you on his property, trespassing. He could just make my life miserable by saying he didn't believe I was sleeping here... shit like that."

My dad won't even look at me for lying to him again, I know he loves me and I know he's trying to look out for me. But he doesn't love Jax, he hates him. So if he was willing to make my normal little life miserable, I couldn't imagine what he would do to Jax.

As much as I like him, and as much fun as we have together... this is his life. I think he has started to realize it too. I'm basically just waiting for him to say it.

I don't want him to say it.

"Gabby..." he sighs heavily. 

My stomach twists. 

"I know Jax."

"Two is our limit.  It was fun.  Your dad is not going to let up on either of us.  It was going to end anyways..."

This is when the tears started rolling down by face.  I knew it was going to end.  But I like him, I didn't want it to end.  For some reason I thought if he would be honest with me, it would make this go longer. 

"You should be enjoying the end of senior year."

"Yep." Is all I manage to get out.

I continue pressing the phone to my ear but there is nothing more to say to him.

"Gabby if you get scared again-"

"I'm not scared." I cut him off and stare out the window at his house. 

"If you get scared again you tell someone Gabby.  Tell Felix, tell your dad.  Don't hold it in."

"I'm not scared.  He creeped me out that night. I'm fine.  Thank you again for walking me home.  I'll see you around Jackson." I hang up on him before he says another word.

I really have never been a cryer.  But suddenly I find myself crying over a guy that wasn't mine. I feel as though he just broke up with me, which is ridiculous because we weren't dating.

I crawl into my bed and lean myself into the wall, wrapping my arms around my knees, and setting my head down as I as droplets of tears fall upon my legs.

"Gabby you're coming to Syd's game tonight" my dad swings my bedroom door open.  The anger in his voice is still there after a week.

He stops and stares at me as I wipe the tears from my face.  This is probably the first time in years he has seen me cry. I don't hold back the sniffles as he watches.

"Gabs..." he sighs and walks further into the room.

"Just don't." I hold out my hand to tell him I don't want him near me right now. 

I feel as though this is his fault. I lay down on my bed and stare towards the wall so he doesn't see my tears.

"You got what you wanted dad.  He's staying away from me.  I won't leave the house for the next two months, you won't have to worry about your middle child until graduation."