Chapter 27: The Senior Party

Jax.

"Where is this party?" I look to Morgan who has a face filled with tears.

"I- I don't know, I never go to them..." she shakes her head frantically.  "Probably by the lake somewhere?  Or someone's cabin?  Could be on a farm... I think that's where it was last year..."

"Get on your phone and figure it out."

I pull out my own and begin dialing Courtney. I need to find her. If he touches one hair on her head I will kill him with my bare hands and make what I did to Jimmy look pleasant.

"Jax maybe you should just leave her alone..."

I stare angrily at the brown eyed girl in front of me. "Like you did?!"

She looks down at the ground, knowing exactly what I mean. She abandoned her best friend when she needed her friends the most.  This girl was hands down the biggest mistake I've made yet and all I did was kiss her. She grabs her purse from the counter and practically runs out the door.

Great, now I have to find the fucking party on my own.

"What Jax?" Courtney finally answers on my fourth attempt.

"Where is then senior party being held tonight?"

I walk out the door and begin walking to Main Street. I need to get to Mickey's early so I can leave early and make it to the party. I can't be fired from a job, I get written up for it.

"How the hell should I know? I don't go to them..." she argues.

"Gabby just called Tyler and said she wanted to go with him and Kane... I need to know."

She gets quiet on the other end before screaming at me. "Jax why would she do that?!"

"Because she saw me with Morgan and she's pissed. I need to know, can you find out? I have to work..."

"Jax you fucking idiot."

"Court I don't have time for this right now. Can you figure it out? I don't want her near him at a party if she's drinking."

Again she gets quiet. "Jax you can't let her drink... she started Xanax for her crying and she's taking a lot of it..."

Fuck.

<><><>

My stomach twists as I watch the grease stained clock above the grill. Mickey's is busy tonight. I still have an hour before I'm lucky enough to leave. No one knows where the party is. I'm figuring it's somewhere on the lake, but it's huge. I wouldn't even know where to start looking.

I attempt to phone Gabby multiple times during my shift, at first they are all sent to voicemail and eventually it won't even allow me to call her. In a typical teenage girl move, she blocked my number.

"You okay Parker? You're white as a ghost" Mickey chuckles as he holds open the door for me so I can use both hands on my bin of dirty dishes.

I am anything but okay.

"No. Gabby went to some senior party tonight with Kane and Tyler is going to be there. I don't want her drinking around him. I can't figure out where the party is or what time it started..."