Chapter 63: The Rehearsal

Gabby.

"Felix?" I blink back tears as my head shakes frantically. "No way Jax, he's an asshole but he would never hurt Zo. Or Courtney..."

His knuckles are completely white as he clutches the varsity jacket. I didn't even know Felix owned one of those. He was on the varsity team and it was in his closet. The patch of green felt that they found stuck to Courtney's ring, it was a pocket. The pocket of my brother's jacket.

Oh my god Felix, what the fuck did you do?!

"Gabby, give me your phone."  He holds his hand out and motions his fingers for me to hand it to him.

The voicemails continue to play but I'm not even listening to them anymore. I hold the phone to my chest with hesitation. "Why? Jax, what are you going to do?"

"Just give it to me." He takes a deep breath and I know he's trying to keep his anger at bay. I don't argue. I hand him the phone. Felix is my brother and I love him, but if he did something go Courtney, Jax or our child he needs to be caught.

This isn't happening. 

Jax holds the phone and begins texting from it.  I sit on the bed and bury my face in my hands. What the fuck is happening?  My brother killed my best friend? Why? How could he do it?  How could he kill his own girlfriend? Why would he try and hurt Jax and Zooey?

"Here." He hands my phone back and kneels in front of me taking my hands into his.

"What are you going to do?" I hiccup due to my crying. 

"I need him to admit it.  I texted him as you and told him your car wasn't working and you needed a ride.  I need you to record him Gabby.  Everything he says you get it with your phone.  If he makes any type of move toward you I will drop him, do you hear me? I won't hesitate."

"Don't hurt him, Jax. Please."  My entire body is shaking in fear.  Am I afraid of Felix?  He's my brother, I really don't think he would hurt me. I know I'm not afraid of him. I just don't know what to think. 

"I need to hear him say it.  He took Court from me.  He took my baby sister.  He held her under the water until she couldn't breathe Gabby..."  He begins to cry.  We are both going to lose a sibling out of this.  I set my head against his and we stay like this until we hear the door downstairs open and close.

"Gabs? You ready?  You're like an hour late!"  Felix's voice calls up the stairs.  Jax's body goes rigid.  "What's with all the mud? Mom's going to be pissed!"

"Keep calm Alfie, please keep calm.  I'll record it and then we will turn him in."

He nods and pulls away.  "Get him up here."

I swipe away my tears and stand from the bed.  "Felix, come up here for a second!"  I call out the door to him.  Immediately I hear the familiar sound of him taking the old wooden stairs two at a time.  My chest begins to heave as I hyperventilate. 

"I won't hurt him unless he tries something."  Jax rubs my back.  I don't feel very assured by that.  I know what he did to Courtney's rapist.  It terrifies me to think of what he would do to her murderer.

"Why are you in here?"  Felix walks into the room.  "Holy shit."  His eyes immediately go wide at the sight of Jax.  "You're alive! Holy fucking shit where have you been?!  Gabby did you know?!"

His questions don't stop. It's as if he's actually surprised to see him. He's a better liar than I thought. Jax stands in front of him, quiet.  I hit the record button on my phone and don't answer him.