Chapter 8

That night Sam stayed up late, going over my parent's work seeing if he could find any clue about the cup. I decided a long hot shower was needed, so that's where I spent most of my night. I couldn't shake Dean out of my head though. Everytime I closed my eyes trying to let the darkness of the night take me away, I was gazing into a pair of green emerald eyes.

It was 4:00 am when I opened my eyes. The motel room was dark, the only light was a sliver peeking through the curtains from the moon. Sam was in the bed to my left while Dean was passed out on the couch. I changed for the day, slipping on some jeans and a tshirt with a flannel before slipping on my boots and stepping outside. There were cheap lawn chairs in front of every room, so I took a seat. I pulled out my phone and skimmed around until I came upon my voicemails. I clicked on one that had 'Jo' on it and played it out loud.

"Hey y/n!!! We miss ya!! Mom's givin me hell about huntin but don't you worry, I'll be there right besides you soon. Just like dad would've wanted. I found this case, missing blonde girls at this apartment building, I'm gonna sneak down there and solve that case. And don't worry I'll be fine, mom won't find out I already faked some credit card shit to Vegas........Met some guys the other day, hunters....ones pretty cute....I miss you. Come home soon. Alright I gotta head down to that apartment call me when you get this. Love ya!"

That was the end of the voicemail. I smile as I listen and a single tear rolls down my cheek.
"I remember that case." I hear from behind me. I turn to see Dean leaning against the door frame. "Her first real case, I never got to hear it." I smile weakly. Dean chuckles and takes a seat next to me, handing me a beer which I gladly accept. "We were with her on that case. We used her as bait which I hate to admit but, she did good." Dean smiles down at the beer in his hand. "But than Jo found out some things between our dad's and...." he stopped and sighed. "You left." I finished for him. He looked up at me and nodded slightly. I remember Ellen talking shit about John even though he brought me in, he failed and got her husband killed. Nothing I could've said would've fully healed her broken heart.
"So you were the guys she met." I chuckle, taking a large gulp of my beer. "Yeah.." He chuckles weakly and goes back to starring at the ground. "And I'm guessing your the one she thought was cute." I smile, feeling my cheeks heat up slightly. "And why do you think that?" He smirks up at me, his eyes glowing with a hint of mischief. "Because I think your pretty cute too, and not Sammy innocent cute." I smirk back. I was waiting for him to say something back, something just as equally flirty but instead I got the opposite. "Well you aren't jo...so." He looks down before standing up and going back inside. Ouch. So that's what rejection feels like. I chuckle weakly, finishing my beer and sitting there awhile. I guess everything was in my head. The flirty remarks, the starring in the bathroom, the hints of concern in his voice. Just my imagination.

I get up after awhile and before I can enter the motel room, I hear Sam and Dean arguing.
         "This isn't our problem Sammy!!" Dean shouts. I press my ear against the door to Hear the argument better. "She's Jo and Ellen's family, that means she's our family too Dean. We can't just leave her!!!!" Sam snaps back at Dean. "We don't even know this chick ok? She's trouble Sammy. She's dragging all this mess behind her and we should've never gotten involved in the first place!!!" Dean shouts. "We always bring hell behind us and drag other people into it, for God sake we dragged jo and Ellen into our shit and look where they are!!!" Sam screamed back. It was silent for awhile. Maybe I should go in? But than I heard Dean again. "You're trying to repay Jo and Ellen by helping her, but get it through your head Sammy. She's not Ellen, and she's not Jo.....she's not our problem. She's caused used enough, we got her this far. We're done." Dean spoke finally. I could feel my heart drop in my stomach, and tears stinging my eyes. I finally opened the door before Sam could respond.

They both looked at me as I entered. Sam gave me a concerned apologetic look while Dean starred me down. Kill them with kindness. I smiled, walking over to my stuff and began packing.
        "Y/n wait." Sam said making his way over to me. "No it's okay Sam. I've inconvenienced you long enough. I gotta handle this myself. Thank you for everything." I smile up at him. He gives me his sad puppy dog eyes that I fell in love with. I honestly did see him as a close friend, even if it was just acouple days. I stood on my tippy toes and pecked him on the cheek before hauling my bag over my shoulder. "See ya Winchesters." I smile weakly before exiting the motel room and heading towards the front of the motel to call a cab.

Once the cab finally arrived, I went to the only place I knew other than Ellen's and Jo's. Mississippi. Home sweet home I guess.

•I'm sorry about short chapters I'll make them longer I promise. Thanks for the reads!!!•