Chapter 37

I was now a little more than 8 months pregnant and sore as hell. The bar was built and a short drive away from the bunker, making Dean very happy.

Sam and Dean were on a hunt acouple towns over while we finished up the bar. I painted/stained some of the tables outside while Cas and Gabriel finished up inside. It was the same layout as Ellen's bar, not too modern, but not too run down. The floors were all wood, the walls were a navy blue but you could barely see them due to the pictures on the wall. There were pictures of Gabriel and I, Dean, Sam and I, and one of my favorite ones was Cas listening to my stomach to hear her kick. That's right, her. We found out we're having a little girl. The rest were old pictures, like Sam and Dean as kids and Ellen and Jo. Some with Sam and Dean's uncle Bobby, and some other people I haven't met. Sadly we didn't have a lot of pictures so the rest of the wall was covered with license plates from all over and other knickknacks. The outside was rustic looking, but fun as well. We decided to call the bar 'Ellen's' in honor of Ellen. And we named a drink after Jo, 'The Feisty blonde". Overall the bar was ready for opening within a week.

I sigh, and flop in one of the chairs feeling my feet swell beneath me. I wasn't able to get into my normal clothes since how large my belly has gotten, so I usually wore a sundress and a light jacket due to hot flashes. Today I wore a grey sundress, flip flops and a jean jacket. I slipped off my shoes and sigh in relief closing my eyes.
"Tired?" I hear a familiar voice ask.
"Mm you have no clue." I chuckle, opening my eyes to see Gabriel.
"She's almost ready." He smiles, taking a seat across from me. I smile and rub my hand across my belly, feeling a small kick.
"I can't wait." I smile down at my stomach. We already had to nursery ready. Sam's room as Ava's but the walls were a soft turquoise color with white flowers, than crib was white, and the carpet was a off white. The shelves were off white and on the wall in silver letters it spelled out,'Grace'.
"Me neither, I'm gonna be a uncle or god father whatever I am." Gabriel chuckles. I chuckle and rub my stomach.
"How about both?" I giggle. Gabriel's smile widens and he takes my hand.
"I can handle that."

It was around 5 when we back to the bunker. I was sitting in the nursery, putting away some of the baby clothes when I heard the bunker door opening and familiar voices echo through the bunker. I use the arms of the rocking chair to help me up and wobble to the library to greet the guys.
"There she is." Dean smiles widely, tossing down his bag and wrapping his arms around me as much as he could. I smile and peck his lips, wrapping my arms around his neck.
"How was the hunt?" I ask, ruffling his hair and pulling away.
"Good, just a simple revengeful spirit." Dean responds. I hug Sam's side, and he hugs back rubbing my stomach.
"How you feeling?" Sam asks.
"Swollen." I chuckle. They chuckle and begin telling me about the case when Cas comes into the library.
"Uh....y/n did you have a 'accident'? I wasn't aware peeing yourself was common with pregnancy." Cas says curiously. My eyes widen and I look down at the puddle under me, and my slightly wet dress.
"Cas that's not pee......my water broke." I inform them. Dean doesn't even say anything, he grabs the impala keys, Sam grabs my bag that I already packed and Cas runs for Gabriel who's in the kitchen.
"HER WATER BROKE?!?!" Is all you hear from the kitchen. Gabriel flashes in front of me and grabs my hand and holds my back. "Let's go people!!!!"

It's been 2 hours since we showed up at the hospital. They checked us in, and got us settled in our room. I changed into a hospital gown, and helped dean fill out paper work. I began contracting, and that was not fun at all for me or Dean considering I practically broke his hand. But luckily after awhile I was cleared for an epidural, making the pain go away and my entire body go numb. Every once in awhile a nurse came in and checked how dilated I was. Sam and Cas would check up on once in awhile, but the main people who stayed with me was Dean and Gabriel.

I begin to feel sad, maybe it was the meds or something. Gabriel seems to notice and grabs my hand gently.
"What's wrong?" Gabriel asks softly. Dean holds my other hand, listening closely.
"I wish Jo and Ellen were here..." I begin to tear up, so I look at the ceiling taking deep breaths.
"They are here, even if you don't see them. They're here sweetheart." Dean says softly, moving a strand of hair out of my face. Before I can respond the nurse comes in, and checks me once more.
"Well it looks like you're ready mam, let's get you into delivery." She smiles.

Delivery was quick, painless due to the epidural all I felt was pressure, and she healthy. Dean and Gabriel were there the entire time and didn't leave my side. Once they got her cleaned up, tagged and wrapped up, they brought her to my room. She was perfect. Sam and Cas finally stayed in the room and they passed Grace around.

I watched in Awe seeing them, how gentle they were with her, especially Dean.
"Congratulations y/n she's beautiful." Sam smiles down at me. I smile back and sigh in relief.
"Thank you Sam."
"She is quite beautiful." Cas smiles, admiring Grace in Dean's arms.
"Thank you Cas." I chuckle. I look over at Gabriel who is tearing up, looking at the tiny little girl in Dean's arms.
"She's perfect." Gabriel chokes. He gently strokes her head and places a kiss on her forehead. Dean hasn't said a thing, a smile is plastered on his face as he holds Grace close.

Sam and Gabriel left to get drinks, while baby was asleep in her holder while, Cas was watching animal planet, and Dean was in a chair next to my bed. He was rubbing his thumb on my hand while talking to me about everything that came to his mind.
"I was thinking...." He began, nervously chuckling. "Maybe.....maybe we should take another step...." he digs in his pockets until he pulls out a tiny velvet box. My eyes widen and I begin to tear up.
"Dean...." I breathe. I don't know what to say.
"I picked it up when we were on our hunt, you have given me hope and life I never thought I'd have...For awhile I thought it was just going to be Sammy and I, than you popped into our life that one night we walked into the bar. I know I screwed up, a lot and I played with your heart. But I know what I want now and that involves you and our little girl. Will you marry me?" Tears are streaming down my cheeks now, and I can't help but laugh.
"Yes, a million times yes." I smile widely. He returns the smile and pulls me in for a deep kiss while slipping the ring on my finger. Cas gave us a proud smile and patted Dean on the back.
  "I love you." He smiles, kissing me again.
     "I love you too Dean." Now this is a real Chic-flick moment.