Chapter 28

I woke up early and the first thing on my agenda was to baby proof the bunker. I put baby locks on most doors and cabinets, baby gates where I didn't want her going AT ALL and made sure she had a special place to herself. Since Gabriel and Cas didn't sleep, they helped me all morning. Gabriel made a nursery/play room for Ava out of one of the spare guest rooms. The walls were painted white, all weird old objects were removed, soft carpet was laid down, her white crib was in there along with white matching furniture like a rocking chair and dresser. She had a white book shelf full of children's books, a play chess, and a bunch of toys thanks to uncle Gabriel. On the ceiling, soft pink and grey doves were painted and we planned on putting family photos on the walls. Cas left to go buy baby food, diapers, baby bottles, baby clothes, baby toiletries, baby monitors, and a baby walker so she could sit and move around even though she's just crawling. Stroller, baby bag, baby tub and also a high chair so she could eat with us. By 10, everything was set and ready for Ava to move in officially.

I start making breakfast when I hear people entering the kitchen.
"There's mommy!" Sam says in a baby voice carrying in Ava. I turn around and smile, making a surprised face at Ava causing her to giggle and take her from Sam's arms.
"Hi honey." I say softly to Ava. "Was she awake long?" I ask Sam as he leans against the counter.
"I don't think so, when I walked in to check on her, I she popped her head up.Gabriel did a good job on the nursery." Sam chuckles. Before I can respond, Cas comes in attempting to carry as much as he can in his arms. He drops everything on the table and sighs heavily.
"Sam can you help me get the rest of the things for Ava?" Castiel asks. Sam arches his brow and chuckles.
"Yeah." Then they both left the kitchen leaving me alone with Ava. She was quiet as she laid her head on my shoulder and watched me cook breakfast.
"Looks who's awake!!!" Garth exclaims, running over. I chuckle and pass her over to Garth.
"If you want you can take her to the nursery and play with her." I tell him.
"Nursery?" He asks confused.
"Mhm Gabriel did it this morning, it's the room left to mine. I'll call y'all when breakfast is ready." I smile. He nods, taking Ava to the nursery.
"Hey Dean." I hear Garth say as he exits. I look over my shoulder and smile at the sleepy Dean in a robe.
"Where's he taking Ava? And what's all this on the table?" Dean asks confused.
"Nursery, Gabriel made it this morning. And I asked Cas to run some errands." I respond. Before he can respond, Sam comes in carrying a large box while Cas follows carrying another one with acouple other stuff.
"I think that's all." Sam says placing the things down.
"Awesome thank you guys!!" I beam. Cas nods, and plops in a chair at the table. While Dean finishes cooking breakfast for me, I organize all the things Castiel bought. Baby bottles in one cabinet, baby formula and other baby food in the cabinet next to it, I set up the baby monitors all around the bunker, diapers and baby clothes in her nursery, toiletries in the bathroom with her tub, I left the stroller near the door, ill set up the walker when she's ready, and I set up the high chair just in time for breakfast to be ready.

When Garth came in the kitchen with Ava, I sit her in the high chair and smile widely watching everyone enjoy their food. I feed Ava some strawberry yogurt since she's just now starting to eat solids.
"So since you have Ava now, are you still gonna hunt?" Garth asks during breakfast.
"Honestly, I don't know." I respond, continuing to feed Ava. "I can't just go on a hunt and than she doesn't know if I'll be back or not..." I tell them. The room grows silent, and I can feel Dean's eyes burning into me. "I don't want to force her into this life style...." I continue.
"Well right now after what recently happened, I think a small break would be nice." Sam says, backing me up. I smile and look over at Dean to see he's deep in thought. I reach over and grab his hand, rubbing my thumb on his knuckles. He gives me a tight smile before returning to eating his food. I sigh and go back to feeding Ava, who now is covered in strawberry yogurt.

The day was pretty quiet and calm. Gabriel, Garth and Cas had an Avengers/Marvel marathon, Sam spent his time working out or reading, and Dean stayed in his room most of the times. I'd spend time with Ava in the nursery when she wasn't napping, either reading to her or playing with her. It was around 7 when I heard Dean leave his room and announce he was going out. He didn't say where or why, just out. Sam made dinner, and after feeding Ava I decided to give her a bath since her and uncle Gabriel wanted to have a food fight.

"Come on princess, in you go." I smile, sinking her into the warm water of her baby tub. She giggles, splashing and hitting the bubbles around her. I carefully wash her hair, making sure not to get anything in her eyes. While washing her, I hear the bunker door open and slam shut. I look over at my phone, Jesus it was 11. After Ava is all dry, I wrap her in a towel and carry her to her nursery passing Dean.
"Where'd you go?" I ask.
"None of your business." He snaps. My eyes widen, and I eye him up and down. He didn't look so great and he smelled of alcohol.
"Dean have you been drinking?" I ask already knowing the answer.
"Yeah so what?" He says with a lazy smile.
"Nothing." I sigh, going to Ava's room, hearing Dean follow.
"No why'd you ask?" Dean insisted. I sighed again, laying Ava on the changing station before grabbing a diaper and a pink onesie.
"I was just concerned about you Dean. You were in your room all day, and than you left suddenly not telling anyone where and you come back drunk." I say as calmly as I can while getting Ava dressed.
"Well maybe I was trying to avoid someone." He snaps.
"Who Dean?" I snap back.
"You!!! Since you've gotten this baby, that's all your worried about! And and you might leave because you don't want her around me, a hunter." Dean says in a whiny tone as if he was five.
"Go to your room, I'll talk to you in a little." I instruct him. He rolls his eyes and stomps out. I groan softly, and put my focus back on Ava.

She falls asleep without 15 minutes so I quickly go to Dean's room and knock gently.
"What?" He groans.
"It's me." I respond. It's silent. I sigh and open the door, and close it behind me.
"I didn't say enter." He groans sitting up from his bed.
"I didn't ask for your permission." I sass at him. He rolls his eyes and stares at the wall in front of him. I take a seat next to him, and we're silent for awhile.
"Dean.....I thought last night you were saying you wanted to be part of Ava and mine lives?....like her dad." I say.
"I do....but what if you leave cause imma Hunter and you wanna quit this old life." He responds, looking down at his lap. I take his hand in mine and lay my head on his shoulder.
"I would never leave you. No matter the job or place I'm not leaving you, neither is Ava." I reassure him. He smiles slightly and kisses my forehead.
    "So if I said I found a case near by you wouldn't mind if Sammy and went to check it out?" He asks nervously.
    "Of course not!!! Hunting is in your blood Dean, I'm not gonna stop you from killing those sons of bitches," I smile. He smiles widely and hugs me tightly,"But." I say, moving so I was straddling his lap and grab his face,"You and Sammy have to come back to Ava and I, okay?" He nods and delicately scatters kisses on my face, washing my worries away.

I asked Gabriel for one more favor which was making me a larger bed for Dean and I. That night, I stayed up listening to his heart beat as my head laid on his chest. I was trying to memorize his heart beat, just in case.....it stops one day.