∞ of Nine

(August 23rd, 2014)

"I cannot believe you! I just forgive you and you do this. Oh my, what is wrong with you? You're driving me insane, Jeremy," I scream, waving my hands around like a crazy woman.

There were many things that Jeremy had done, bad things, mistakes, everything. Way too many for me to count, but I didn't know that there was actually a last straw that he could pull. I was beyond mad.

"Cass, I am so sorry..." his eyes were narrowed and his eyebrows scrunched up as he pleaded for me to listen to his excuses just like he always did but I've had enough.

"Sorry? Sorry? Is that all you have got? And do not call me Cass, it's only for friends, family and people who love and bother to know and care for me. I am Cassidy to you and it will be even better if you bother to use my last name, but knowing you. You are such a piss off, how can you be such a jerk and hate someone to such an extent? If you hated me so much why even bother to ruin me? Was that your plan from the very beginning? It really looks like it. Is that all you needed, the money? You needed that money so much that you were willing to ruin my life already! I cannot freaking believe you! God, how can someone me so heartless? How can you be so pathetic?" I ask, crossing my arms on my chest, narrowing my eyes at him. Trying to keep my tears from streaming down.

"Cassidy, it's not like that, I swear!" he said, looking sad but I knew better than believing him after pulling this stupid trick on me. He had the nerve to that. After all this, he had the freaking nerve.

"Then what is it like? You embarrassed me in front of the entire university campus, I thought that everything we had and did was personal, but no! To you, it was all a game and freaking bet, I can believe all this time this all was just a lie. We," I said, moving my index finger between me and him and saying "are a lie. You made all the crap up just for a stupid bet with your friends! To prove what? That you can get me? Well you did! Great, you won. Does that make you happy now? Now, that you won. I want you to leave and not come back. Just do not even bother to come back!" I yell, my voice getting louder and louder as I grow angrier with him.

"I meant every word I said, I love you, Cassidy. I do," he says, looking me in the and walking towards me. I put my palm forward, telling him to stop.

"No, don't. Don't say that. I want you to leave and never come back again. Ever,"

"You don't mean it, Cass-" I cut him off before he could say anything else. I'm trying to hold all my emotions in. Tears are threathaning to spill out of my eyes but I refuse to let them slip.

"Don't say anything, just get out of my house. Now!" I say, poitning out at the door. He sighs in defeat, carrying a look at his face, almost looking broken hearted. Almost. I would never fall for his actions and lies again.

As soon as I heard the door slam, I jumped, slightly surprised at the force he applied. I could feel the tears spilling out. I grabbed my phone and called the only person I knew I could rely on, but never spoke to for years and so, I did.

***

"All right, now that you are done bawling your eyes out. How about you tell me what's going on lately and why were you crying? Please tell me it is not Jeremy again," she says, her hands cupping the mug of hot chocolate, bringing it closer to her chest for warmth perhaps, I get up and turn the heater.

It was the first morning of December and being warm on this day was on everyone's list, including mine's and Acacia's.

I sat back down on the couch opposite to her and pulled my socks back up and picked on my fuzzy sweatpants and said, "Yeah, it's Jeremy and he is what is going on lately"