4.3 - tattoos

((so I have never gotten a tattoo or been to a tattoo parlor so if this isn't accurate than fuck off its accurate to me))

11:07 PM

"Sky," Luke sighed, putting an arm around Skylar's shoulders. "Are you sure this is what you want to do?"

"Yes." Skylar nodded, looking up at the sign above the building again. They were at the tattoo shop they'd passed by earlier, and somehow Skylar had managed to lead them back there from the beach.

"But - but tattoos are permanent - " Luke stammered, quickly stopping himself. He knew what Skylar wanted, she wanted them to get matching tattoos like Luke had jokingly suggested earlier that afternoon.

Luke wasn't sure how much he liked the idea of Skylar getting a tattoo for him - and vise versa -, because there was this feeling in the pit of his stomach - not the manly moths this time - telling him that whatever he and Skylar had was not going to last. Luke didn't want Skylar to get a tattoo to remind herself of him when she could very well regret it later. He loved her, and he would have loved to get a tattoo for her, but he was scared that it would end up being one of the many thing that he'll regret later in life.

"But, Luke." Skylar pouted. "Tonight was the best night of my life, and I want to remember it forever."

Hearing that this was the best night of Skylar's life just made his heart melt, and suddenly Luke realized that he couldn't possibly say no to her.

He let out a big sigh and grabbed Skylar's hand, lacing their fingers together as he pulled her into the tattoo shop, which was surprisingly open this late. Luke marched up to the front desk and gave the man sitting there a smile, because he decided that maybe being nice this time would work out better than Luke acting like an asshole to get what he wanted.

"Hello." Luke said, waiting for the man to acknowledge him. He wasn't wearing a name tag, so Luke couldn't make up a nickname for him.

"How can I help you?" The guy asked, not looking up from whatever papers he had laid out on the desk.

"We want tattoos." Luke said, sounding a little bored, but only because he thought it was stupid that the guy was asking what he could help them with. Obviously they wanted tattoos.

"How old are you?" The man asked, still not looking up at Luke.

"I'm 18." Luke said, and he pulled out his wallet from his pocket in case the man wanted proof.

"How old's the girl?" The man finally looked up at them and pointed behind Luke to Skylar, who was shyly peaking her head out from behind Luke's shoulder.

"18." Luke nodded, and he nudged Skylar with his elbow to tell her to play along.

"Do you guys have I.Ds?" The guy asked blankly, "You both look too young to be here, where are your parents?"

"I'm 18, I swear to God." Luke groaned, shoving his I.D in the guys face. He looked expectantly at Skylar, waiting for proof that she was of age. "Hers is at home, but I promise that she's old enough." Luke said, pulling some money out of his wallet. He waved it in front of the guys face and then dropped it down on his desk, hoping that it would be enough to bribe him.

The man behind the desk looked at the money for a second, then back to Luke, then at the money again. Finally, he spoke. "Follow me."

Luke and Skylar followed him into the back of the store, where he handed Luke a stack of papers to fill out for the both of them and directed them to a few chairs to sit in. He slammed a pen down on top of the papers and then walked away, letting Luke fill them out on his own.